Equestria Girls Design Contest?

Discuss anything Equestria Girls Merch related here.
SunnyPie

Equestria Girls Design Contest?

Postby SunnyPie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:33 pm

(Merge this into "What new EG doll do you want?" if you find the topic to similar)

A couple minutes ago, I found out Mattel has had several doll design contests for Monster High. Is there a possibility Hasbro would ever do that for Equestria Girls? :D I would love an opportunity to design a doll! How many of you would want to design a character for the EG line?

I just got myself incredibly hyped up. XD Let's start a petition!!
Hi everypony! :lol:
Rares

Re: Equestria Girls Design Contest?

Postby Rares » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:41 pm

I'm not particularly sure. Hasbro has done 2 "design a figure" with Transformers, rather recently too, but I'm not sure if they would do so with ponies, because you'd think they would have done so by now, right? I mean, the first time around the character was built from almost scratch. New mold, new everything. You'd think it'd be easier for EQG because all the molds are the same, so the only thing that would need to be done is to create the clothing, right?
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Rares wrote:I'm not particularly sure. Hasbro has done 2 "design a figure" with Transformers, rather recently too, but I'm not sure if they would do so with ponies, because you'd think they would have done so by now, right? I mean, the first time around the character was built from almost scratch. New mold, new everything. You'd think it'd be easier for EQG because all the molds are the same, so the only thing that would need to be done is to create the clothing, right?

True. That is strange, considering the giant MLP fanbase.
Hi everypony! :lol:
Rares

Postby Rares » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Well, I don't think it's just about the fanbase. Or maybe it is actually. Because the thing is the Transformers fanbase and the Transformers target market have a lot in common. Meanwhile, the My Little Pony fanbase is a bit different than the My Little Pony target audience. Perhaps Hasbro doesn't want the fanbase to vote, with how big it is. I just say that because of odd things like Hasbro taking part at GI Joe or Transformer fanbase conventions, even going so far as to release exclusive figures, meanwhile they won't show up at say, Bronycon and do the same thing.
PrincessGwenevere

Postby PrincessGwenevere » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 am

I think they did a Design-A-Pony contest a while back, about the time G4 first hit SDCC.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:58 pm

If they did, I'd enter Derpy, Sugar Belle, Starlight Glimmer, Minty, and Mystery Mint :)

Return to “Equestria Girls Merchandise”