Idea: Equestria Girls Funko Pop!

Discuss anything Equestria Girls Merch related here.
Ilona
Site Admin

Idea: Equestria Girls Funko Pop!

Postby Ilona » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Alright Ossie and I had a discussion not long ago wondering if it isn't a good idea if Funko also made some Equestria Girls Funko Pop! I mean, most of their releases are humans and since Equestria Girls has grown in popularity over the years... why not? So who would you like to see? For me it's at least Sunset Shimmer because she sorta is the "Mascot" of the Equestria Girls series. Rarity would be also lovely and perhaps a Twilight with a Mini Spike the Dog? There's a Monty Python and the Holy Grail Tim the Enchanter Pop! Which comes with a mini Killer Rabbit one.
Spoiler: show
Rarishy

Re: Idea: Equestria Girls Funko Pop!

Postby Rarishy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:53 pm

:o that's such a good idea!! Equestria girls is doing very right now especially with the new movie coming out. I would love all three of the Dazzlings in a combo pack or a POP Trixie.
fakiescarlet

Postby fakiescarlet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:22 am

thats a terrible idea imo i think funko pops are horrible, lots of ppl think so too. besides, how would it look like?
Rares

Postby Rares » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:29 am

I'd rather them not, mostly because I really don't like Funko as a company. I'm a bit annoyed with them as a collector for a couple of reasons.

-They have a ton of QC errors on most of their figures, a lot of noticeable bad paint apps, rough plastic, the eyes look off on some of the mini ones, etc
    -They appear to have an issue releasing full sets, most noticable with their Pop! line. I was a bit annoyed with them that they didn't release the Mane 6 as a whole, and instead dropped Applejack and Rarity, (and they dropped them again for their "cupcake" line) in favor of popular background characters, which I felt was completely unnecessary. They should have released the Mane 6 first, then focused on the rest. And even when they released another wave, they still left out Applejack and Rarity.
    -It's becoming a bit much, these things are taking up literally walls of stores I've been to, even stores that have nothing to do with pop culture stuff. It's crazy, and it's not even like they're flying off the shelves, most seem to just be sitting there gathering dust. I wouldn't really want to see another Funko Pop! line take up these spaces.

As an alternative, I'd much rather Hasbro make some molded, movie-accurate (perhaps blind bag) minifigures of EQG.
ShimmeringSun13

Postby ShimmeringSun13 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:00 am

I've thought about this before and I'd love to see them. I collect several Pop series including Ponies and it would be nice to see their take on the Equestria Girls. It would be even better though to see fully-molded movie-accurate humans in the style of the large Funkos. ^-^
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:24 pm

I LUV FUNKO POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funko EG would be just OMG -SCREAMS- LOL! Here's my list of ones I want:

Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Applejack
Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie
Trixie
Adagio Dazzle
Aria Blaze
Sonata Dusk
Mystery Mint
Derpy
Cadance