[Spoilers] Equestria Girls: Friendship Games

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Astranova

Re: [Spoilers] Equestria Girls: Friendship Games

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:12 pm

O_O maybe Cadance is an older student, like in ninth grade or something? Or assitant teacher, my school had a collage studant that halped out one of the teachers :)
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:02 pm

Sugar Belle wrote:O_O maybe Cadance is an older student, like in ninth grade or something? Or assitant teacher, my school had a collage studant that halped out one of the teachers :)

That sounds about right. ;)
Hi everypony! :lol:
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Snowy wrote:Being someone who loved the first movie and Rainbow Rocks (got to see this one in a theater with a friend, great memories that day!), I'm looking forward to this. Listening to the Rainbow Rocks soundtrack today while cleaning, I'm pretty excited to hear what music this movie will have. Also, been enjoying the shorts that Hasbro's been putting out.

Spoiler: show
Found the recent short with Lyra and Sweetie Drops hilarious, especially the fighting video game and competitive eating scenes. Friendship is competitive. :lol:

I love the shorts too, can't wait to see this! I love Sugarcoat, wouldn't it be cool if the Shadowbolts got BUILD A BEARS?
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:09 am

Well, Friendship Games made its TV debut the other night in the US. Neighbor DVR'd it for me as I don't have cable. Well, it was some third movie.

Spoiler: show
Boy, Principal Cinch was evil! Also her students... except Twilight. You'd think they would morph into an army of monsters once Twilight unleashed her magic. Nope, Twilight became the monster. What a twist! Here Twilight was pretty much nice to everyone, she couldn't have been the evil one (also, I am surprised I avoided the news on the Midnight Sparkle doll, which made it even more surprising :D). Gotta love how Crystal Prep turned on Cinch in the end. Haha, Cinch even hid from evil Twilight (WUSS! :P).

Other things, Fluttershy, Twilight, and Spike, that moment was just too cute. Applejack was nice enough to help Twilight. Cadance and Twilight were literally the only nice ones at Crystal Prep. Everytime Sour Sweet spoke.

Best of all, that angel-like Sunset Shimmer! This movie was just pure awesomeness.

Oh, and Sci-Twi meet Princess Twilight. :lol:

Some. Movie.

Of course being a TV debut means it was edited for commercials (who knew you could now order pizza on Twitter. :lol: ), so I guess we'll see the uncut version once the DVD/Blu-Ray is out. As an FYI, if you live in the UK, yes this movie is coming to theaters over there.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:30 am

But I thought princess cadance is 20 how is she a high schooler there...?
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 am

Sugar Belle wrote:But I thought princess cadance is 20 how is she a high schooler there...?
Cadance was actually a Dean.

According to Wikipeda:
In academic administrations such as colleges or universities, a dean is the person with significant authority over a specific academic unit, or over a specific area of concern, or both. Deans are occasionally found in middle schools and high schools as well.

To keep it simple, she was a higher up who worked for the school, but I don't think anywhere near a principal. Though I must say I like Dean Cadance, she was literally the only one from Crystal Prep who was actually nice.
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:23 am

I'm not into the EQG movies but I did watch them with my niece because she wanted to watch them plus she wanted me to watch the movies with her.

Anyway we saw Friendship Games and to me it wasn't that good but at least it was better then Rainbow Rocks, my niece loves the movie and she hopes for a 4th movie or spin-off TV series.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Ohhh my school had deans last year LOL. I luv EQG, and I think this is the BEST one yet (my off dvrd iy so i got to see it last night)

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”