Derpy or Muffins?

Here you can find announcements about the website or databases. You can also report any errors you might find and discuss about (new) databases.

Derpy or Muffins?

Change her name to "Muffins"
24%
Keep "Derpy"
53%
Other
24%

Total votes: 17
Ilona
Site Admin

Derpy or Muffins?

Postby Ilona » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm

So as far as you guys noticed it seems like Derpy has finally gotten an official name as she's now called "Muffins" by Hasbro. But of course we almost all knew her as Derpy the years before. We also use "Derpy" in our databases but what do you think? Do you think we need to change her name to Muffins or just keep Derpy? We would like to hear your opinion. :)
BakaChibi

Re: Derpy or Muffins?

Postby BakaChibi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Muffins is a cute name, but I think people will still use Derpy when talking about this pony.
I think you should stick with "Derpy", but add "Muffins" in tags, or in the general collections of Derpy merch. You know, for the people who would get into MLP after the name-change.
Levi

Postby Levi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:22 am

Honestly, I don't really like "Muffins"

I will continue to call her Derpy, for I think it suits her best. ♥
Female ♥Otaku, mlp fan, artist, furry♥ I love Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, and Noragami
SapphireRain

Postby SapphireRain » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 pm

I call her Bubbles because of these two related ponies! ;)
'Muffins' is cute too.

Although I should point out that the term d*rp and its variations have ableist connotations. So it'd probably be best to use it with caution.
she/her or it/its pronouns please (sig image credit) (avatar credit)
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:23 am

I don't care what Hasbro says, if her name isn't Derpy or Bubbles, she will ALWAYS be Derpy to me. Although I hate that people ship her and Dr. Whooves, I will still call her Derpy Hooves. I love her with all my heart, and she's the best next to Sugar Belle! LOL Hugsies everyone!
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Given that Build-A-Bear and Funrise calls her Muffins, and the original Derpy toys have a "Muffin" symbol, I'd say change it to Muffins for the sake of keeping up with official merch.

Personally, Muffins is my favorite of Derpy's alternative names, I think it sounds cute and sweet. Although, I usually use both Derpy and Muffins, so it doesn't matter to me. I just see the database change fitting in my opinion as "Muffins" is used on official merch. Again, I don't mind either name.
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:48 am

Keep the name Derpy.
EclipsedFlame

Postby EclipsedFlame » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:42 pm

The characters technically don't have a name until Hasbro gives them one, and Muffins was the name given to her, so Derpy is now just a fan-name.

Spoiler: show
im sticking with both
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to “Site & Database Discussion and Information”