Less "girlie" Sheet sets?

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
MaskedDusk

Less "girlie" Sheet sets?

Postby MaskedDusk » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:30 pm

My 8 year old son loves MLP and has requested a sheet set for his bed. I'm completely for getting one but would like to get him something with a bit less pink and purple. Does anyone know of any options out there or possibly a custom fabric that is available so I can see my own sheet set? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Nights

Re: Less "girlie" Sheet sets?

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:17 am

I saw a Rainbow Dash bed spread and it didn't have any pink or purple on it.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Jo-ann has several MLP Fabric. Perhaps there's something you're looking for. :) http://www.joann.com/search?q=my+little+pony
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:27 pm

I've seen cool Timer/Dr.Whooves/Dr.Hooves sheet sets at the store! Hey and cudos to your kid for liking MLP, he's helping the whole "THAT'S FOR GIRLS" thing...LOL!
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Sugar Belle wrote:I've seen cool Timer/Dr.Whooves/Dr.Hooves sheet sets at the store! Hey and cudos to your kid for liking MLP, he's helping the whole "THAT'S FOR GIRLS" thing...LOL!

He isn't helping it he's destroying it, the "it's for girls" phrase needs to die because MLP has moved past the girls only market and is now in the everyone of all ages market that targets both genders.

My nephew likes MLP and his birthday was last Saturday, he got Big Macintosh, Shining Armor and Fluttershy's plushies.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:22 pm

Nights wrote:
Sugar Belle wrote:I've seen cool Timer/Dr.Whooves/Dr.Hooves sheet sets at the store! Hey and cudos to your kid for liking MLP, he's helping the whole "THAT'S FOR GIRLS" thing...LOL!

He isn't helping it he's destroying it, the "it's for girls" phrase needs to die because MLP has moved past the girls only market and is now in the everyone of all ages market that targets both genders.

My nephew likes MLP and his birthday was last Saturday, he got Big Macintosh, Shining Armor and Fluttershy's plushies.

LOL, I meant he's helping prove it WRONG xD
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:02 am

I doubt you'll find one less "girly". I'm a guy and pretty much my bed is decked out in nothing but ponies, it's usually what I found in Target and Walmart. Except the Equestria Girls bedding, that was KMart, awesomely that's reversable, Equestria Girls on one side, Ponies on the other. All of them have some sort of "girly" accents. The older Canterlot Target bedding is pretty much a scene, but underneath it's pink. Walmart comforter, Twilight, Pinkie, and Rarity in front of a big heart.

If you're looking to make some, like Ilona mentioned, Jo-Ann's Fabrics. Also, I was in Walmart earlier running an errand for mom, and I spotted Pony fabric there. I'm guessing those too are "girly".

Best of luck finding something he likes, awesome to see he's into Ponies. :D
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:19 am

Snowy wrote:I doubt you'll find one less "girly". I'm a guy and pretty much my bed is decked out in nothing but ponies, it's usually what I found in Target and Walmart. Except the Equestria Girls bedding, that was KMart, awesomely that's reversable, Equestria Girls on one side, Ponies on the other. All of them have some sort of "girly" accents. The older Canterlot Target bedding is pretty much a scene, but underneath it's pink. Walmart comforter, Twilight, Pinkie, and Rarity in front of a big heart.

If you're looking to make some, like Ilona mentioned, Jo-Ann's Fabrics. Also, I was in Walmart earlier running an errand for mom, and I spotted Pony fabric there. I'm guessing those too are "girly".

Best of luck finding something he likes, awesome to see he's into Ponies. :D

I have seen MANY shining Armor, Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, and Daring Do ones that aren't girly, but the other characters are :/
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:32 am

Sugar Belle wrote:I have seen MANY shining Armor, Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, and Daring Do ones that aren't girly, but the other characters are :/
You must get lucky, because I haven't seen bedding with those characters on it.

Unless you mean characters themselves, I don't think it matters. We all have a favorite character. :)

I think the topic creator wants to steer clear of things they consider "girly" like the color pink (my personal opinion, it's just a color, that's just what I think). Then again, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't mind pink. Literally I'm wearing my pink Fluttershy t-shirt as I type this (that was a custom shirt from Zazzle though, it's an actual guys shirt).
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:20 am

Snowy wrote:
Sugar Belle wrote:I have seen MANY shining Armor, Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, and Daring Do ones that aren't girly, but the other characters are :/
You must get lucky, because I haven't seen bedding with those characters on it.

Unless you mean characters themselves, I don't think it matters. We all have a favorite character. :)

I think the topic creator wants to steer clear of things they consider "girly" like the color pink (my personal opinion, it's just a color, that's just what I think). Then again, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't mind pink. Literally I'm wearing my pink Fluttershy t-shirt as I type this (that was a custom shirt from Zazzle though, it's an actual guys shirt).

Ya, LOL!

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”