Splatoon!

Do you love gaming? Talk about your favourites here!
Snowy

Splatoon!

Postby Snowy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:29 am

Please tell me I'm not the only one here enjoying Nintendo's multiplayer mess-fest shooter! I've been playing this since the Global Testfires Nintendo hosted, and when I bought the game the first day it was released with an Inkling Boy amiibo.

The game, if no one played it, is a different take on shooters. The main regular battle mode is making as big of a mess as you can, most color covered wins! There are tricks here and there, you can swim in the ink to refill your weapon, you can swim in Ink to move faster, you can launch to other players, and if you're not careful, you may get splatted by a splatroller, a big paint roller. :lol:

They sometimes do events. More recently, Nintendo and Hasbro even had a Transformer's themed Splatfest, where it was Autobots vs. Decepticons. A Splatfest is an event where you choose a team, wear a team shirt, and try to have your team win! I was on Autobots, few games I played they did well, but they ultimately lost. Still, was really fun!

Don't think I'll share my Nintendo ID for personal reasons, but why not talk about the game. :)
Astranova

Re: Splatoon!

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:22 am

OMGGGGGGGGGG I SAW AN AD FR THIS GAME, I WANT IT SO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Yeah, it's a very fun game. It's available for Wii U specifically if you ever want to play it. Don't know if you have a Wii U.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Sadly, I don't have a Wii U, I may get one soon. Is it avaliable for the original Wii?
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

Sugar Belle wrote:Sadly, I don't have a Wii U, I may get one soon. Is it avaliable for the original Wii?
Unfortunately, it's not on the original Wii. Hope you get a Wii U soon. If you enjoy Wii, you can play your Wii games on it and even use the Wii Remote. Plus you'll be able to use the new gamepad and be able to play lots of new Wii U games. :D
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 am

Oh yay, thank you! My friend keeps telling me she said a DS and computer download version, is that real?
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:01 am

Sugar Belle wrote:Oh yay, thank you! My friend keeps telling me she said a DS and computer download version, is that real?

Sadly no. Splatoon is only on Wii U. It's not on PC, DS or even 3DS (original and New models). Nintendo does not make PC games as far as I know. They usually make games on their systems.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Hmm I'm quite debating if I should buy/ask this game. How's the single player mode? Does it last long and are there thing to collect like unlockables etc?
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 am

Ilona wrote:Hmm I'm quite debating if I should buy/ask this game. How's the single player mode? Does it last long and are there thing to collect like unlockables etc?
Single player are like a mission tied to the story of a captain who led a Splatoon and your squid kid is an agent. It's divided into five sections, each with levels and a boss. I haven't beaten it myself as I played online more, I got at least two of the five sections done. Trying to remember this off hand, it's been a while since I did the single player. Maybe someone else can help clarify it more.

Amiibos add to single player. Playing missions with amiibo unlocks gear, but also interesting challenges. Like clearing levels with a splat roller than the usual weapon in single player.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:59 am

This would be suchh a cool app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY NEED TO MAKE AN APPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Return to “Games”