My ponies of the first generation

Talk here about the older generations of My Little Pony.
Neptune

My ponies of the first generation

Postby Neptune » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:03 pm

I collect the G1 since i was a little girl so now i have between 400 and 500 of them, I don't really know.
I don't buy them anymore unless those I find in garage sales because I now prefer the G4.

Here is my "Colector Pose" the first ponies released in 1982.

Astranova

Re: My ponies of the first generation

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:17 pm

WHAT?! I ONYL HAVE TWO! LUCKYYYYYY LOL!
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 pm

they look like hippos. lol

Seriously they do, just look at their fat bulky bodies.... It makes me wonder how did little girls ever get excited upon wanting something so clunky and why did Bonnie design them to look like hippos after Hasbro told her to design smaller ponies?

The My Pretty Pony was bigger sure but at least it looked like a pony but the G1's of My Little Pony look like colorful hippos, it's strange looking at them as they give off a prototype of appearence compared to later gens.
Neptune

Postby Neptune » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 pm

The My Pretty Pony look exactly like the Colector Pose, only bigger, and some have the same colors as well.
Nights wrote:It makes me wonder how did little girls ever get excited upon wanting something so clunky.

I grew up with this generation, for me they look like real ponies with bright Colors. They were absolutly perfect to play with :D
I prefer the G4 now because they are super cute, but for me they look more like deers than real ponies :lol:
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Neptune wrote:The My Pretty Pony look exactly like the Colector Pose, only bigger, and some have the same colors as well.
Nights wrote:It makes me wonder how did little girls ever get excited upon wanting something so clunky.

I grew up with this generation, for me they look like real ponies with bright Colors. They were absolutly perfect to play with :D
I prefer the G4 now because they are super cute, but for me they look more like deers than real ponies :lol:

Nope My Pretty Pony looks better more like a pony but the G1 ponies look like hippos.

I've never heard anyone refer to G4 ponies as deer's before lol usually people say they look like squirrels and back when I use to hate MLP I also called them squirrels.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:43 pm

I see NO difference except in size and colors. Also, I hate My Pretty Pony, and LUV G1 MLP :)
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:45 pm

and BTW the ponies aside from magical parts (wings, horns.) and their coors and the fact that they speak and stuff, well the TOYS AND animation look LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL PONIES. I luv G4 more, but I luv EVERY Gen equally. though I hate most of G3 except a Very Minty Christmas, and their merch...xD
Nights

Postby Nights » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:01 am

Sugar Belle wrote:I luv EVERY Gen equally

Every gen equally

Equal

Astranova

Postby Astranova » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 am

Nights wrote:
Sugar Belle wrote:I luv EVERY Gen equally

Every gen equally

Equal

HAHAHAHAHAHA nice to cya again Starlight! THANKS FOR RUINING MY LIFE!!! At least we've started our lives over again with our cutie marks :) I always wondered why you didn't look like us...So...Colorful xD
Firefly

Postby Firefly » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:27 am

Wow, you have some really early ones! The oldest ones I have are Firefly and Glory from 1983.

As a kid, I had some beat-up G1's, but I got rid of them years ago. I know I definitely had some original six and lots of collector pose ones. Really wish I still had them, no matter the condition. :cry:

Return to “Older Generations”