Disney Infinity

Do you love gaming? Talk about your favourites here!
Astranova

Disney Infinity

Postby Astranova » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:52 pm

Hey everypony, I was wondering if anyone here plays Disney infinity? I have the 1.0 and 2.0 apps, and me and my friend are OBSESSED with playing, xD
Hami2000

Re: Disney Infinity

Postby Hami2000 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:52 pm

I got PC version, but it was pretty boring. My sister likes it more than me. :P I got Anna and Elsa figures and I'll maybe buy some others someday...
You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!
-The Doctor
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Eh, some things are cooler on an app :P
Hami2000

Postby Hami2000 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:18 pm

That's so true. :D
You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!
-The Doctor
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:48 pm

Been playing Disney Infinity since after Christmas 2013 (picked it up after Christmas). I started out with the Disney Infinity Wii set. At the time I said to myself, if I got a Wii U for Christmas, then I'd get it for Wii U, if I didn't get a Wii U, I'm picking this up for Wii. Needless to say, I don't regret it.

I really loved building toy boxes in the game. Just different worlds to explore and drive around in. My first figures were Sully, Mr. Incredible, and Jack Sparrow. The first figure I bought was the Target exclusive Venelope.

Later when I got a Wii U, owning the Wii version actually allowed me to grab the Wii U version of 1.0 for free. So it was cool getting a free upgrade on my new system. Wii base works on Wii U too.

I've been playing 2.0 since my birthday this year. I'm not into superheroes, so I just have the Disney Toy Box set for that. Looking forward to picking up 3.0, especially with Star Wars in it. I may wait on it as Christmas may be here soon. Only downside to fall, never know what I may get for Christmas, so I tend to avoid buying things I like, just in event it ends up under the tree. :lol:

Edit: My Infinity figures...
  • Sully
  • Mr. Incredible
  • Jack Sparrow
  • Vanelope Von Schweets
  • Rapunzel (Mom wanted to see this one in action)
  • Phineas and Perry (this was a two pack)
  • Lightning McQueen and Holley Shiftwell (two pack with playset)
  • Stich
  • Merida
  • Aladdin
  • Baymax
  • Anna and Elsa (two pack)
  • Wreck-It Ralph
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:38 pm

Ossie gave this game to me for our 3 year anniversary (of our relationship, we aren't married) :P Since he knows I like Disney/Animation a lot. I got the 3.0 Star Wars Starter kit and two 3.0 figures and the Toy Box Takeover Game. Yesterday I bought the 2.0 version since it was as cheap as one figure and the two marvel games and a blind bag with 2 power disk. As I'm typing this two figures are on the way as well. This is what I have in terms of figures:

Figures:
- Merida
- Stitch
- Fear
- Mulan

- Anakin Skywalker
- Ahsoka Tano

- Loki (on the way)
- Thor (on the way)

Games:
- Brave Forest Siege
- Stitch's Tropical Rescue
- Assault on Asgard
- Escape from the Kyln
- Toys Box Takeover
- Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:32 am

If anyone hasn't heard the sad news, awhile back, Disney cancelled Infinity and closed Avalanche Studios. As a result, no more content is being produced for Infinity and the game is going to be taken offline March 3, 2017. Finding Dory's playset, Dory, and Nemo are the final releases for Infinity 3.0.

This means the game will not have any online service after March 3rd, which means no more community content, cloud saves, and online multiplayer. This also makes the PC and Mobile versions unplayable (unlike the console versions, they use "digital" figures). If you have a console version, you can still play with the toy box and playsets offline. If you haven't bought Infinity yet and want to, you can still get updates as they are provided by PSN, Xbox Live, and Nintendo Network.

Worth noting, if you play Infinity on Steam, Disney is working on a patch so it can be played offline.

Full details could be read at https://infinity.disney.com/closing.

Just thought I'd give Infinity fans here a heads up. Also, if you missed out on any figures, check your local shop. I've been noticing a lot of Infinity stuff came down in price. I even picked up The Force Awakens playset for $12. For those looking to add to their collection, keep an eye out.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:43 pm

It's sad but the postive thing is that everything is going to drop in price now. Although they got rid of the most 1.0 here in the Netherlands. I can only find some in Germany where it's most of the time Marvel 2.0 now. :roll: But I can get all my missing ones from Amazon eventually.

Still I got some good deals in Germany. Like the 1.0 3DS pack with Mr Incredible, Sully and Jack Sparrow for only 5 euros. And some 1.0 for only 2.

Return to “Games”