Pony Toy Heads losing color?

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
EclipsedFlame

Pony Toy Heads losing color?

Postby EclipsedFlame » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:38 pm

Okay so every once in a while I see Twilight Sparkle (unicorn) toys with her head de-coloring, like, it would be a lighter shade of purple than what it's supposed to be (I am aware Hasbro sometimes makes the head and body 2 different colors but that's not what I'm talking about), I even also had to give up buying a Feathermay because of this reason. Her head was a really light shade of red pink or whatever color she is. I think that it happens to the pony toys ending at the crystal empire line (because of the original material they used for the toys) but I want to know why their heads de-color. My mom says its because people leave it in the sun, but I'm still not sure. But I keep my curtains closed just in case that's true :3 so anyway, does anyone know why it happens and how?
Spoiler: show
ImageI know their heads don't turn grey but I had no other way of having an example X3
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrabbyMeal

Re: Pony Toy Heads losing color?

Postby CrabbyMeal » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:21 am

Yes, your mum is right. A lot of things lose their colour if exposed to the sun. This is not the materials' fault. Just try to find a different Feathermay with a normal head.
Luna

Postby Luna » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Yeah, one of my regular unicorn Twi's have a lighter shade of purple for the head, as well as my Feathermay.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:41 am

This has never happened to me, and I have Feathermay. Your mom IS right though. When I was little i left ten SUPER RARE G1 ponies my mom had as a kid (they were like kept brand new though) in the sun...Eesh they looked terrible LOL
Sunset Shimmer

Postby Sunset Shimmer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 am

ah, the head/body mismatch... unfortunately it is a common problem and there's not much you can do about it, esp. in G4, where the heads and bodies are, as far as i know, made of different plastics. such as it is.
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:40 pm

The color on my brushables are just fine, I haven't seen any mix matched products with color fades inside packaging or unpackaged but I have heard of colors fading when exposed to too much sunlight.
Neptune

Postby Neptune » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:31 pm

I remember buying Feathermay in store and all of them have the head with a différent color. I think i have à Twilight like that too!
I am affraid of what they will become in a few years!
PaddlePro

Postby PaddlePro » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:54 pm

I don't have any problems with my brushables, even though i saw some rainbow dashs from the pack with twilight that had decolorated head in the store, but mine was fine and is still fine now.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:01 pm

I HAVE seen this a couple days ago! It was creepy though, because Pinkie was light almost hot pink on her body, and her head was light pastel pink...LOL
Starshine Glitter

Postby Starshine Glitter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 pm

That happened to me more than once. My Princess Luna's head is a weird lavender-pink, while the rest of her body is the typical purple. The same thing happened with Sterling, Cadence, Cheeralee, and Cherry Berry. Celestia is turning a bit more yellow too. (If I wanted a yellow Celestia, I would've just gotten Gold Lily!) I have my ponies shelved in an area that doesn't get direct sunlight through the window, but it's well lit. I don't know what causes it, but it still happens, no matter how dark it is outside.

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”