Blind Bags

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Astranova

Blind Bags

Postby Astranova » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:04 am

Hey everypony! I just got my first Blind Bags today, and gave some to my bff. So my current collection downsized a bit, down to about five xD. Anyway, I know some people like the Blind Bags, and others don't, so here is kind of a place where you can share your opinion on Blind Bags! Here are some of mine...

Chemical Smell: I have heard some people say they smell like chemicals, but with mine I can't smell anything, and maybe just the TINIEST bit if I try REALLY hard, but I think that's just the material/paint smell lingering a bit.

Glitter: Yes, the glitter DOES come off, and it looks odd since they are practically COATED in itx except around the eyes and Cutie Mark...I am definitely NOT a fan of these type of Bling Bag.

Misprints: I love finding ones with wrong colors, marks, figure types, all the little miaprints are fun to find. One of my friends even has that golden Rarity!

Anyway, feel free to share your opinion here! #ThePeanutsMovie
Sunset Shimmer

Re: Blind Bags

Postby Sunset Shimmer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:19 pm

I have a bunch of them - some of them have really great aesthetic, ie; Pepperdance, Bitta Luck. I only have a complete set of the first wave - and even then, I only got all of mine through the re-release, and I don't have all of the specials, but that's fine
BakaChibi

Postby BakaChibi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 pm

In my opinion they are kind of expensive (in Poland it's about 15 PLN for one if I remember correctly) considering their size and the quality.
But well, there was a special offer in one of the markets, 9 PLN for a blind bag, wave 12. So I bought one, I liked some of them because of a nice color palette. And I like plastic toys.
I bought Minty. And wow, of course my luck, she has a pink smudge on her nose. It annoys me a lot, even if it's not visible that much from a distance.
I don't think I will buy more of them. I mean, new ones. I may buy them from people, as they sell them for like 3-4 PLN.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Oh wow, where I live they only cost one or two USD, and at my corner store they're about seventy cents (epic right?) I wonder why they made Mintys eyes green...LOL I want her S.BAD. #ThePeanutsMovie
Nights

Postby Nights » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

I don't buy blind bags anymore after buying 3 of them on the same day but even though I hate them I can't bare to part with Minty and Firecracker Bust unless I find brushables of them, I'll be giving Sweetie Blue to my niece since she needs more ponies.

Astranova

Postby Astranova » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:13 am

Hehe I just got Minty a coiple hours ago!!! Now I have six xD. With I had her brushable...And WHY ARE HER EYES GREEEEEEEEEN. I don't wnt the actuql Minty brushi though, I want the proto since it is accurate to G3. And Awwwww I so need Sweeie Blue xD #ThePeanutsMovie
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:52 pm

The blind bags are without a doubt my favorite MLP thing to collect along side the Happy Meal toys.

I got a ton more of Wave 13 and 14 ones this week. I was on the fence about the translucent design for a while, only getting the Mane 6 (sans AJ) and the opaque Apple Family ones. But I suddenly changed my mind and binged on them at KMart.

From Wave 13 I got Sprinkle Stripe, Lovestruck, Ribbonheart and Ribbon Wishes. And from Wave 14 I got Electric Sky, Sassaflash, Berry Green, Royal Riff, Peachy Pie, Merry May, Plumsweet, Beachberry and Amethyst Star.

I must say, I love how bright and vibrant the colors are on them, especially on Beachberry and Berry Green. Also love Plumsweet's pearl finish.

EDIT: Just this week I completely lost control and got the rest of Wave 13. Help...me...can't...stop. :shock:

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”