McDonald's Happy Meal Toys!

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Keldeo Raritite

Re: McDonald's Happy Meal Toys!

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:19 pm

I also heard on Equestria Daily that they would be starting the promotion on the 15th, but I called today and they don't have them yet. So the 16th it stays. Unfortunately, I'm supposed to get a massive winter storm tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I'll make it for the first day. :(
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:59 pm

Ok, update! I just got the first 2 in the series: Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash!

They come with A LOT of accessories. A sheet of stickers with shoes and bags and an extra cutie mark to put on their blank side. Paper cutouts of hats and their pets to clamp onto their tails. Really cool clear combs modeled after their cutie marks. And a little paper coin with their faces on it and an ad for the McPlay ap on the back.

Their tails are supposed to change color in sunlight, but so far they haven't really worked for me.

My suggestion for those who want the whole set: Go to McDonalds right now because they are notorious for running out of the first 2 early. Afterward, visit multiple locations every 3-5 days because they tend to get 2 new ones in less than a week. If you're lucky you can get all of them in less than 2 weeks! Happy hunting!

Oh, if anyone's wondering, here are the order in which they are coming out:

1. Pinkie Pie
2. Rainbow Dash
3. Fluttershy
4. Buttonbelle aka Suri Polomare
5. Princess Twilight Sparkle
6. Coco or Miss Pommel
7. Rarity
8. Starlight Glimmer
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:25 pm

I've gotten Pinkie and Rainbow too! The colour-changing tails haven't worked for me either. I wonder if it changes depending on heat, so I'm thinking of putting their tails in lukewarm water to see if that works. Thanks for the list! ;)
Nights

Postby Nights » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

I only got Coco Pommel because the other ones didn't arrive yet but they will in a week or two.
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Only been 2 days and I already got Fluttershy and Suri!

I have a feeling they might be running through them faster than usual because it's Presidents break week and all the kids are off from school. In McDonald's today I saw a ton of kids with Happy Meals.
ahlana

Postby ahlana » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:44 pm

I stopped by a regular McDonald's during the day on the 16th and they only had two, but I tried a Walmart McDonald's later that evening and they had every single one (and were nice enough to dig them all out of a box for me!)
Here's the full set in their bags:
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:34 pm

You may want to take a closer look at #5 (the lower left) because that's not Twilight: that's Princess Luna from the 2014 promotion.

Actually you're pretty lucky because Twilight isn't even out at most McDonald's at this point so if you go back, you can get Twilight.
Yep, so you'll get the whole set and a bonus Luna to boot!
ahlana

Postby ahlana » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Wow, thanks for the keen eye! I have been too busy this week to really look them over. I'm not sure how they ended up with a toy from such an old promotion, but I'm not going to complain, especially since it's such a cool Luna figurine. Maybe I'll go back to the same Walmart McDonald's and see if I can snag more old ones as well!
ahlana

Postby ahlana » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:38 am

I made it back to the same McDonald's, and they still had all the ponies, so I did get Princess Twilight Sparkle.

I also finally unbagged them and took pictures of each of them with their accessories. I took a group shot as well, but accidentally swapped Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in the ordering (oops). Here is the album: MLP McDonald's 2016
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:57 am

They all look awesome! I usually do the same thing with these and the blind bags: I take individual pictures of them in order on my 3DS. Can't wait to get all of them so I can do that! :D

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”