Hot Topic Phasing out MLP

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Aquatic Neon
VIP

Hot Topic Phasing out MLP

Postby Aquatic Neon » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:52 am

I talked to the Hot Topic Facebook page and found out they will be no longer carrying MLP Merch, they are phasing it out. Apparently Hot Topic no longer thinks MLP is trending anymore, well if this is true I gotta say they lost a good customer in me, ponies were the only reason I shopped there. How does everyone else feel about this?
Loveheart

Re: Hot Topic Phasing out MLP

Postby Loveheart » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:32 am

im soo sad
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:46 am

I was planning on getting the Aurora Princess Celestia plush from Hot Topic but they now hardly have anything MLP related on their site and the Celie plush is gone too, well they just lost me as a customer.

Their doing what Walmart always does, I hate it when brands I like get discontinued because Walmart doesn't feel like selling them anymore and that's what Hot Topic is doing.
:(
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:58 am

Wow, this is really depressing news. :(

Oh well, at least they still have Pokemon and Disney merch to keep me busy--*record scratch* --WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD ON!

What's going to happen to the big Funko figures? Who's going to release them now??? Are they stopping those too? :o
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:31 am

Walmart sells the Funko figures and so does FYE Super Store and Amazon.
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:55 pm

I know, but Hot Topic is always the one to get the new figures when they first come out. Who's going to do the prereleases?

Also, all the Walmarts I've been to haven't restocked their Funkos since at least last July.
Loveheart

Postby Loveheart » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:53 am

Keldeo Raritite wrote:I know, but Hot Topic is always the one to get the new figures when they first come out. Who's going to do the prereleases?

Also, all the Walmarts I've been to haven't restocked their Funkos since at least last July.
my walmart only has bon bon....and she is all nasty and the box was bent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aquatic Neon
VIP

Postby Aquatic Neon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:41 am

Only half my walmarts have Rainbow Dash and they don't move.. they don't seem very smart.. Don't worry about the Vinyl figures other stores will probably start carrying them, especially online retailers I think. We just need to wait until toy fair and hopefully we will have more info. I would say any stores/online retailers that carry Funko pops are a possibility of carrying the ponies in the future, we just gotta wait and see.

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”