2016 Toy Fair Madness!

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Keldeo Raritite

2016 Toy Fair Madness!

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:29 am

With all the insanity swirling around Toy Fair, might as well discuss it!

What's your favorite thing revealed so far? Personally, I'm beyond hyped for the Nightmare Night FiM Collection. About time we got blind bag sized figures of Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Pip and Spike! Not to mention Luna and Shadowbolt Dash look beautiful.
Nights

Re: 2016 Toy Fair Madness!

Postby Nights » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:15 am

I like the Chrysalis & Spike 2 pack, giant Spike & Shining Armor wearing armor and that changeling that comes with Twilight but I wish the changeling was sold separately cause I'd like to buy more so I could have an army.
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:41 am

I'm super excited for the Sunset Shimmer Equestria Girls Mini!! :o :o I wonder if they'll also make one with her current outfit. The Fall formal mane six minis were also really cute! ;)
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:23 pm

I really can't wait for the Sunset EG Mini either! Same with DJ P0N-3! I heard they were going to be everyday figures so I'm assuming they'll be sold individually. Yay!
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:35 pm

I really want the Fall formal Twilight, but unlike the other minis I think she comes with the whole set. :(
The Legend of Everfree dolls don't look too bad (the designs have definitely improved) and I hope this movie will be even better than the last one! :D
Spoiler: show
Though I'm wondering....in the header image for mlpmerch's post on the LoE dolls, Sunset Shimmer appears to have a pair of wings. Does this mean she is an alicorn now? :o :o
RavenQueen

Postby RavenQueen » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:24 am

SonataDusk wrote:I really want the Fall formal Twilight, but unlike the other minis I think she comes with the whole set. :(
The Legend of Everfree dolls don't look too bad (the designs have definitely improved) and I hope this movie will be even better than the last one! :D
Though I'm wondering....in the header image for mlpmerch's post on the LoE dolls, Sunset Shimmer appears to have a pair of wings. Does this mean she is an alicorn now? :o :o

I love how they're making new MLP toys with the theme of Nightmare Night! The ponies will have some awesome costumes on! I'm also excited for the Guardians of Harmony figures, especially Shining Armour, the giant Spike, and Twilight Sparkle! Hopefully the movie will be better but I think it's quite difficult to top the Rainbow Rocks movie in my opinion :P (it's my favourite movie from MLP so far)
I think that Sunset Shimmer might have the wings from her transformation in the Friendship Games movie (oh wait...nevermind, I'm totally going off topic here since she didn't stay transformed for that long!) when she was talking to Midnight Sparkle or they really did make her a princess of friendship along with Twilight although I feel like she would be something else related to friendship? I just realized but to me, Twilight and Sunset Shimmer are kinda similar to Princess Celestia and Luna. Luna made some mistakes and turned into Nightmare Moon and all and Sunset Shimmer had also become evil. Could they possibly be the next two princesses ruling Equestria with the help of the Mane 6? I'm not sure but these are just my wild guesses XD
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 am

RavenQueen wrote:I love how they're making new MLP toys with the theme of Nightmare Night! The ponies will have some awesome costumes on! I'm also excited for the Guardians of Harmony figures, especially Shining Armour, the giant Spike, and Twilight Sparkle! Hopefully the movie will be better but I think it's quite difficult to top the Rainbow Rocks movie in my opinion :P (it's my favourite movie from MLP so far)
I think that Sunset Shimmer might have the wings from her transformation in the Friendship Games movie (oh wait...nevermind, I'm totally going off topic here since she didn't stay transformed for that long!) when she was talking to Midnight Sparkle or they really did make her a princess of friendship along with Twilight although I feel like she would be something else related to friendship? I just realized but to me, Twilight and Sunset Shimmer are kinda similar to Princess Celestia and Luna. Luna made some mistakes and turned into Nightmare Moon and all and Sunset Shimmer had also become evil. Could they possibly be the next two princesses ruling Equestria with the help of the Mane 6? I'm not sure but these are just my wild guesses XD

Haha, I think other people have thought of the same thing as well!! :D
I have to agree, the Nightmare Night figurines are really cool! I always like it when they introduce new moulds for the little figures. I'd probably want The Golden Oak Library, Luna's chariot, or maybe even clown Mayor Mare....
RavenQueen

Postby RavenQueen » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:53 pm

SonataDusk wrote:Haha, I think other people have thought of the same thing as well!! :D
I have to agree, the Nightmare Night figurines are really cool! I always like it when they introduce new moulds for the little figures. I'd probably want The Golden Oak Library, Luna's chariot, or maybe even clown Mayor Mare....

Oh ok, I thought I was the only one! :lol:
I love new moulds too! It's always fun to see your favourite backgrounders as a real toy! Go Trixie! XD
LOL the Clown Mayor Mare is hilarious! If I get it and that rainbow clown wig is removable, I'll probably start trying it on everypony :P
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:14 pm

I want just about every single one. Maybe except for the larger sets cause they are a little costly and I'm running low on space.

From the looks of it, Mayor Mare's wig may or may not be removable, it's hard to tell in the pictures. Derpy is pretty funny too with her paper bag costume! XD

And seriously. Look. At that. Luna. Well done Hasbro, I knew you had it in ya.
Twizi

Postby Twizi » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:30 pm

NIGHTMARE NIGHT!!! We finally got a good Luna! I am also excited for the Royal Ribbon FS pony, she doesn't have any other brushies and I LOVE her! Not much to love but her looks, since she like NEVER talks, but anywho, yay! I also can't wait for the Pearlescent ponies, I.NEED.THEM.ALL. Especially STarlight. I love Starlight. No offence to those who call her annoying, but STARLIGHT RULES! The Sparkle bright ponies or whatever are pretty cool too, I want Luna. Rarity looks weird. And yay for the Sunset Shimmer figure (EqG minis)!

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”