[SPOILER] Season 6 Premiere on March 26!

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Keldeo Raritite

[SPOILER] Season 6 Premiere on March 26!

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:40 am

Fillies and Gentlecolts, it's official. MLP season 6 is to start on March 26th! This has been a short hiatus indeed!

Synopsis of the season premiere:
Spoiler: show
Season 6 Episode 1 - The Crystalling Part 1
The Mane Six attend the Crystalling of Cadence and Shining Armor's new baby at the Crystal Empire; Twilight gets the chance to present Starlight with her first friendship lesson.
Season 6 Episode 2 - The Crystalling Part 2
The Mane Six scramble to save the Crystal Empire from an eternal winter; Starlight struggles after the failed reunion with her old friend.

Nothing left to say except, IT'S SPECULATION TIME!! WOOP WOOP! :lol:
Twizi

Re: [SPOILER] Season 6 Premiere on March 26!

Postby Twizi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:44 am

Keldeo Raritite wrote:Fillies and Gentlecolts, it's official. MLP season 6 is to start on March 26th! This has been a short hiatus indeed!

Synopsis of the season premiere:
Season 6 Episode 1 - The Crystalling Part 1
The Mane Six attend the Crystalling of Cadence and Shining Armor's new baby at the Crystal Empire; Twilight gets the chance to present Starlight with her first friendship lesson.
Season 6 Episode 2 - The Crystalling Part 2
The Mane Six scramble to save the Crystal Empire from an eternal winter; Starlight struggles after the failed reunion with her old friend.

Nothing left to say except, IT'S SPECULATION TIME!! WOOP WOOP! :lol:

STAR-STAR-STARLIGHT! YES! OMG, I BET THE FRIEND IS SUNBURST OR WHATEVER! Okay, sorry, but STARLIGHT ROCKS! I really hope Hasbro makes her a Mane Character. :D
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 am

Not sure how I feel about Starlight's new mane style. I kind of preferred the straight bangs. But I can't wait to see how she'll act around the Mane six, now that she's reformed. :) :)
I have a hunch that Flurry Heart will probably play a pretty big role in the season premiere.
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:46 pm

So the trailer is implying Flurry Heart's out of control alicorn powers are causing this eternal winter. Elsa powers confirmed! XD

And yes, Starlight's old friend is Sunburst. I wonder what caused their reunion to fail. My best guess is that he just doesn't remember her. Probably the most likely reason because honestly. Can anybody even remember names of really old friends from childhood that you haven't seen in years?
Nights

Postby Nights » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Sounds interesting, I hope it doesn't end up being lackluster.

Anyway, when I found out the air date of season 6 being March 26th I said to myself "Hey that's a day after my mlp tablet flip case arrives." :D
Twizi

Postby Twizi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Just bought season 6 on Amazon, and the first two episodes are insane...Haven't quite finished second ep yet...Hmm! I get the feeling Starlight IS a main character now, so YES!!!
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:05 am

My thoughts on The Crystalling:

This was a very interesting season premiere. Like the Cutie Map, they're keeping the premieres fresh and non-formulaic by having not the Mane 6 save the day, but Sunburst! Speaking of Sunburst, I really like how they got Starlight's backstory out of the way and tied up the loose ends. Also, it was interesting that this premiere had two stories, one with Starlight and Sunburst and the other with Flurry Heart's antics. She was adorable and it was pretty funny seeing how everyone tried to keep her under control, especially Pinkie and Shining Armor! Oh yeah, you can definitely tell that Shining is Twilight's brother; he goes pretty nuts when sleep deprived and under pressure like his sister, and it is hilarious. Oh, and Twi and Shiny's parents spoke!

Overall, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. Not as jaw-dropping as Princess Twilight Sparkle but still an awesome start to the season.
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 pm

It was entertaining but out this premiere is weaker then season 1's, I would have given it a 7.5 out of 10 but Sunburst's neat character design and those funny moments with Shining Armor were enough to bring it up to an 8 out 10.
Twizi

Postby Twizi » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:38 pm

...Well that was...Interesting. I just finished watching, and it surprised me that Sunburst saved the day. I think Starlight isn't annoying anymore, and I love her more than ever. I wonde if she'll get her own throne, like the Mane Six, since she now lives in the castle? Shining Armor was hilarious, and Baby Flurry Heart was adorable. But seriously, she was NOT the first born Alicorn. I know there wasn't as much drama as the previous season premieres...In fact, it seemed like the problem went away VERY quick, and they made it seem like eternal frozen wasn't THAAAT much of a big deal- or is it just me...? I think Sunburst and STarlight would be cute together, but I have to admit, I would have thought he'd look more...Well just an OLDER version of his younger self, but I like his differences (mane wise, cloak wise)! Overall I would give these two episodes 4/1 stars out of 5!
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Well, it looks like they're screwing up the terminology again with Flurry Heart. She is not the first born alicorn ever, just the first born in Equestria's recorded history. Because it's been confirmed that Celestia and Luna were definitely born alicorns presumably long before Equestria was founded.

Also, has anyone else noticed the speck flying toward the Crystal Empire in the last few seconds? If you zoom in on it it looks like a changeling. Maybe setting up the season finale already? Is Flurry Heart going to be abducted without anyone noticing and replaced with a changeling?

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”