Newbie Dash

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Nights

Newbie Dash

Postby Nights » Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Rainbow Dash achieves her life-long dream and becomes a Wonderbolt but she makes a bad first impression.
Twizi

Re: Newbie Dash

Postby Twizi » Tue May 10, 2016 8:23 pm

It was...okay. Honestly, I have no sympathy for Rainbow Dash anymore...With every season, Pinkie matures, Fluttershy gets a TINY bit shyer, Twilight becomes more of a control freak, rarity becomes a little more dramatic yet understanding, and applejack gets more...YEEEEEHAAAAW! But Dash always gets WORSE and WORSE and NOT in a GOOD WAY. I mean no offense whatsoever to RD fans, but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at her whenever she speaks. I can't stand how pompous she is now...

Once again, I mean no offence to those who love Rainbow Dash, just expressing my feelings. :)
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Tue May 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Not my favourite episode this season and felt that it was subpar. I tend to enjoy Rainbow Dash episodes (my favourites being Testing Testing 1,2,3 and Tanks for the Memories), but I didn't like how this one was executed.
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue May 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Yeah not good but it's OK, I did find it kinda funny when Rainbow Dash acted out her friends personalities.

I still think "Gift of the Maud Pie" is the best episode and second best is "On Your Marks" fallowed by "The Crystaling" in third place.
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 am

For me, my top episode so far is No Second Prances, second is Gift of Maud Pie, and third is Gauntlet of Fire. :)
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Thu May 12, 2016 1:00 am

On one hand, it's awesome that Rainbow Dash is an official Wonderbolt, but on the other, her debut episode could have been a lot better. Imo, it seemed that the whole time the other Bolts were teasing her, they were just testing her or it was their secret initiation process. I mean they pull a 360 toward the end and compliment and praise Dashie after spending the entire episode calling her Crash and criticizing her. Like, "Congrats, you passed the test! Now you're one of us!"

Overall, it wasn't the worst ep ever, just kinda cringe-worthy and simply, meh.

My episode ranks so far:

1. Gauntlet of Fire
2. The Crystalling
3. No Second Prances
4. The Gift of the Maud Pie
5. On Your Marks
6. Newbie Dash
Twizi

Postby Twizi » Thu May 12, 2016 5:59 pm

It was funny when she acted like her friends, apparently she is very good at that. Seeing her as Twilight was just...Wow...XD

My current ranks for Season 6 are:

No Second Prances
On Your Marks
The Gift of Maud Pie
The Crystalling
The Gantlet of Fire
Newbie Dash
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Fri May 13, 2016 1:11 am

Dashie's impressions of the other mane 6 were pretty amusing in their own right, even though the whole time I was like "Uh, Rainbow, what the heck are you doing???"
ponypersonthing

Postby ponypersonthing » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:33 am

Twizi wrote:It was...okay. Honestly, I have no sympathy for Rainbow Dash anymore...With every season, Pinkie matures, Fluttershy gets a TINY bit shyer, Twilight becomes more of a control freak, rarity becomes a little more dramatic yet understanding, and applejack gets more...YEEEEEHAAAAW! But Dash always gets WORSE and WORSE and NOT in a GOOD WAY. I mean no offense whatsoever to RD fans, but I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at her whenever she speaks. I can't stand how pompous she is now...

Once again, I mean no offence to those who love Rainbow Dash, just expressing my feelings. :)

You obviously haven't been paying attention to her character. She wasn't the jerk in this episode. The Wonderbolts were. She's only gotten better.

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”