A Hearth's Warming Tail

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Nights

A Hearth's Warming Tail

Postby Nights » Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm

Twilight reads a Hearth's Warming Eve story to help Starlight's holiday depression.
Keldeo Raritite

Re: A Hearth's Warming Tail

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Fri May 13, 2016 1:25 am

I just saw a teaser for the episode and it looks like we got another musical on our hooves!

It looks promising from what I've seen, kinda like a pony version of A Christmas Carol.

But I can't be the only one thinking it's a little strange they're airing a holiday episode in the middle of May. Also, I recently saw Christmas themed Tsum Tsums in Target. Am I missing something here?
Nights

Postby Nights » Fri May 13, 2016 7:38 am

Yes it's very strange that this episode isn't being saved for a fall air date, speaking of seeing Christmas stuff I saw a few Christmas trees at K-Mart one day when I was looking for CMC plushies and found a 10 inch Sweetie Belle but I didn't buy it because I want the 5 inch versions.

I came across a 12 inch Octavia and bought it and it looks great next to my 10 inch DJ Pon3, it was weird seeing a few Christmas trees at the store with red ribbons, tinsel & some gold belles.
Keldeo Raritite

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Sat May 14, 2016 9:08 pm

My thoughts (A tad long):

Spoiler: show
That was a very cute musical. Like I predicted, it is pretty much a ponified version of A Christmas Carol. Also, Starlight wasn't really depressed, she just didn't understand the true meaning of the holiday and thought it was over-commercialized, like in A Charlie Brown Christmas. Also, it sort of counts as a re-telling of The Cutie Re-Mark set in 19th century Hearth's Warming Eve.

I really liked the 19th century designs of the ponies in the story. Surprised to see Spoiled Rich and Diamond Tiara there; they looked a lot friendlier towards each other oddly enough. Also, look at DJ-P0N3! Those old-timey glasses! XD

AJ as the HW Past spirit looks like Elsa. I have a feeling they were dying to make a pony that looks like Elsa and they took advantage of the opportunity.

Pinkie/HW Present had the best song, so upbeat.

Luna's singing voice here sounds different than in Twilight's Kingdom. I really like it; sounds deeper and actually sounds like Luna and not Rarity. (Probably because it's not Kazumi Evans singing. It's Aloma Steele.)

Overall, as a simple re-telling of a classic Christmas story, it was really good. 8/10
Nights

Postby Nights » Mon May 16, 2016 2:41 am

Spoiler: show
I really like this episode as it's based on A Christmas Carol and the songs were great, I would have preferred Celestia being the HW ghosts of the past instead of AJ & have Cadence as HW ghost of the present instead of Pinkie Pie.

Starlight's singing is a lot better here then previous episodes seen in season 5 and she has a good evil laugh.

Luna is the hw ghost of the future and that makes me happy, she sings her first solo (yay!) and it's dark, her voice sounds a bit different as it's a bit deeper, it suits her.

An old world style for the ponies was nice to see, this episode would have been a nice surprise if had been saved for the actual holiday and not released in May.

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”