The Saddle Row Review

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Nights

The Saddle Row Review

Postby Nights » Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Rarity's new store in Manehattan opens, but it becomes a victim to false advertising.
Last edited by Nights on Sat May 21, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WishieTails

Re: Saddle Row & Rec

Postby WishieTails » Wed May 18, 2016 4:52 pm

I can't wait to see this- I really like the plot. Although, is it just me, or are they doing WAY to many episodes about Rarity and fancy cities...? I don't know if this is just me, but it got a little annoying. I am interested in this one though- I can't wait to watch on Sunday! (I don't have cable, I have to watch on Amazon)
Nights

Re: The Saddle Row Review

Postby Nights » Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Rarity has been to Canterlot and Manehattan 3 times each and yes it's getting annoying, I'm sure episode 9 will be good an all but I'm much more interested in episode 11 because it introduces Fluttershy's brother
Last edited by Nights on Sat May 21, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keldeo Raritite

Re: Saddle Row & Rec

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Sat May 21, 2016 8:08 pm

I must admit, my expectations were set low on this one. That was a good thing because I liked it more than I expected! Also, the title is actually "The Saddle Row Review".

Spoiler: show
First off, the synopsis was a little fuzzy. It made it seem that a tabloid was dishing dirt on Rarity, but in reality, it was more of a flashback/interview episode rolled into one.

Rarity's "NO SPOILERS!" in the cold open: every fandom ever in a nutshell.

There were tons of funny and enjoyable moments in this one, like Twilight's Sweep remix and Pinkie calling back to Too Many Pinkie Pies(the leftover clone behind her! XD). The new characters had some interesting designs. I thought Plaid Stripes was pretty amusing, she reminds me of a parody of what older people think of 10-16 year olds these days.

Overall, I think that this was the funniest episode of the season so far. 9/10
Nights

Postby Nights » Sat May 21, 2016 9:04 pm

I got the title from Wikipedia.

Yeah this episode was alright, the pony that Rarity is paying rent to sounds Russian and his daughter is retarded.
SonataDusk

Postby SonataDusk » Sun May 22, 2016 12:52 am

Really liked the structure of this episode! It balanced the interviews nicely with the scenes of the actual plot.
Also, Rarity's store at the end and clothing designs were very pretty!
Nights

Postby Nights » Sun May 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Twilight was funny sweeping to the beat of DJ pon3's music, the mane 6 being interviewed reminded me of those fan animations on YouTube of ponies being interviewed about their daily lives.

There was a reference to the episode too many Pinkie Pie's and also a Spider-Man reference with the reporter John Jonah Jameson Jr.

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”