The Times They are a Changeling

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Nights

The Times They are a Changeling

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 am

Episode 16 - short description.

During a visit to the Crystal Empire, Twilight, Starlight and Spike find the city in a state of panic after a changeling sighting.
Keldeo Raritite

Re: The Times They are a Changeling

Postby Keldeo Raritite » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 pm

My initial thoughts:

Spoiler: show
The Positives:

-This was a really sweet and heartfelt episode. Thorax was a really cute character. It's nice to see a changeling that isn't evil and just wants to be accepted by ponies. That and we also saw a split second of what life as a changeling is like. For someone who's terrified of larvae, I think changeling larvae are adorable!

-Another good Spike episode. And his first song! Forget Explore Equestria, this season's theme should be the Season of Spike!

-It was nice to see Flurry Heart again. She's so adorable. :D Starlight too!

-The ending had an interesting setup. Maybe Thorax can spread friendship and love to the changelings so they don't have to feed off of others. Kind of like what happened with the griffons in season 5.

The Negatives:

-The ending was kinda rushed. Understandable as it's a story with a lot going on. I wonder what it would have been like as a 2 parter. Other than that, nothing too noticeable.

The ????:

"There's no such thing as a good changeling." -Shining Armor
Fillies and gentlecolts, the most racist line ever spoken in the entire show!
Nights

Re: The Times They are a Changeling

Postby Nights » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm

great to see that not all changelings are bad and it was interesting to the changelings Nursery.

I don't have anything else to say about this episode other then it was sweet but also average since there's nothing special about it, also I felt Spike singing was unnecessary because I don't think a song was even needed but ok whatever it's there to be there.

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”