Funko glitters?

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
chikadee

Funko glitters?

Postby chikadee » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:56 pm

I've been trying to find a Funko glitter variant pony instores for so long. I feel like calling Hot topic and Toys R us has gotten me nowhere. When I call it seems like they may not know what I'm talking about or that they don't even check to see if they have any instore. I don't want to purchase one online and would rather just find one instore for $15. Does anyone know any tips to tracking these rare figures down? If anyone has any, how did you find one, by luck or by constant searching? :shock:
AriaBlaze

Re: Funko glitters?

Postby AriaBlaze » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:03 pm

I found a glitter doctor whooves at Barnes and Noble totally out of pure luck!
Good luck on finding one :)
chikadee

Postby chikadee » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:54 pm

I didn't think to check Barnes and Nobles stores. Ill probably give them a call. Thanks! :)
CottonTALE

Postby CottonTALE » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:24 am

I find that scalpers usually end up snatching them all up unfortunately so they can sell them and make a profit. Here in Canada, there are only maybe 7 Hot Topics in the entire country, so finding glitter ponies up here are few and far in-between (most of the time, you'd have to buy them from the states)
Collect All The Fluttershys :D
chikadee

Postby chikadee » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:05 pm

CottonTALE wrote:I find that scalpers usually end up snatching them all up unfortunately so they can sell them and make a profit. Here in Canada, there are only maybe 7 Hot Topics in the entire country, so finding glitter ponies up here are few and far in-between (most of the time, you'd have to buy them from the states)

That sucks :( . Im from the US so we have quite a few Hot topics to chose from in my state. I've been calling the stores fairly often but sometimes they wont get one in for months. If nothing turns up after a few more months I might just buy one online.
Spike SETC

Postby Spike SETC » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:06 pm

If there is any UK fans here, try and check out a Forbidden Planet store near to you. We were in our local one last week and managed to Find the HOT TOPIC Glitter Celestia in there for £12.99 ☺ they had just got in stock.
Rares

Postby Rares » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:06 pm

I've never seen one before, probably because all the scalpers got to them first.
Rarishy

Postby Rarishy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:46 am

I call both hot topics in my area every few days to see. One out of the two finally started getting glitters in, apparently your store has to do X $ amount of profit monthly before they find it worth it to put glitters in the stores shipments is what the manager at one of the HT told me (they know me well now lol, even won SDCC mane-iac and spike in their contest last year). They also gave me a run down on how their shipment procedures work. It might be different on location but they receive shipments every other day or so and the time varies between the morning up til 6. I notice if I call around 6-7 I tend to have better luck then earlier in the day.

On a side note I have tried calling Barnes and Nobles and they always had issues looking up what I'm asking for. She told me their inventory system is very specific and if you don't type in the exact wording of how the item was listed in the system that it will not pull up. (might be better to check in person or hopefully the person who you talk to is more knowledgable than others)

I hope this info helps!
Flitter

Postby Flitter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 pm

When I was collecting glitters it was just a lot of stalking HT as soon as new figures were hitting stores, visiting several times in a week as well as calling around. I got several that way but had to get quite a few on ebay as well.
chikadee

Postby chikadee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:00 am

Thankyou everyone for the tips!

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”