Do you play Sonic games?

Do you love gaming? Talk about your favourites here!
Nights

Do you play Sonic games?

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:32 am

I'm a huge Sonic fan and have all the main series games and most of the spin-offs, I also have some merch like the McDonalds mini games, a classic Sonic Underground plushy, a Tails figure, a Cream the Rabbit plushy, some sonic hats and a shadow hat, some sonic posters and DVD's like Sonic Sat-am box set, Sonic Underground vol 1 box set, Sonic X New World Saga vol 1, Tall Tails aosth and 15 episodes of Sonic Boom burned on a CD.

What about you guys?
Last edited by Nights on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy

Re: Do you play Sonic games?

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:45 am

Sonic has always been my favorite game series! Though, I'm one of those weird fans who pretty much enjoyed every game, at least the ones I played, I only have my netbook PC and Nintendo consoles. Seriously, I'm probably in the 2% who actually enjoyed Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (currently playing it again).

I do love the classic stuff. Sonic 1, 2, 3 (& Knuckles), CD, Spinball, and the 3D stuff like Adventure, Adventure 2, and Heroes, Unleashed. I also enjoyed both storybook spin-off games, the Riders games, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing series.

Nice collection of merch. I have a Classic Sonic shirt, a Sonic Boom shirt, various Sonic and Tails plushies. I have SatAM and Adventures of Sonic on DVD. Amazingly while I was cleaning, I have the anime Sonic the Hedgehog movie on a VHS tape, from back when we used a VCR, though we don't have one, I kind of refuse to get rid of it since it's hard to find. I have two Sonic posters, one general poster with all the characters, and one for Sonic Lost World.
Nights

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:00 am

Most people say sonic 06 is so bad that it's unplayable yet I've beaten 12 times already which proves people wrong, it's true the game is glitchy and it has a bad story but the levels are pretty fun and the soundtrack is awesome.

Oh right, I forgot about the sonic ova movie lol yeah I have it for vhs too and I still have a vhs. :D
Last edited by Nights on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 am

Nights wrote:Most people say sonic 06 is so bad that it's unplayable yet I've beaten 12 times already which proves people wrong, it's true the game is glitchy and it has a bad story but the levels are pretty fun and the soundtrack is awesome.

Oh right, I forgot about the sonic ova movie lol yeah I have it for vhs too and I still have a vhs. :D
That's literally one of the few times I've heard anything positive about the game. I never played it mainly because of lack of system, I did play an in-store demo years ago. I feel the same way about the GBA port of Sonic 1, Sonic Genesis. It did have its slow down problems here and there, but I enjoy it and usually beat it in a little over an hour whenever I play it. Plus it was cool having Sonic 1 on the go long before the DS and 3DS versions came along. I didn't have a PSP, so I couldn't play the Sega Genesis Collection version.

Nice to see someone else have the VHS edition, or even this movie. Yeah, I found the tape today while doing some cleaning in my room. Oddly I actually found a Denny's Kids Meal menu and activity book with a Sonic Underground theme to it while cleaning today.
Nights

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:26 am

I played a demo of Sonic boom ROL at GameStop and it was fun, I don't understand the hate when it comes to it's combat.

I like the combat and playing as Amy is great.
Last edited by Nights on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 am

Nights wrote:I played a demo of Sonic boom ROL at GameStop and it was fun, I don't understand the hate when it comes to it's combat.

I like the combat and playing as Amy is great.
Demo was what sold me on the game, I got it as a Christmas gift. It does all come down to opinion, so those who didn't like it, probably just didn't like it. To me, Rise of Lyric felt like a licensed cartoon game, I didn't mind it. I use to play a bunch of cartoon games years ago that involve collecting items and exploring, with puzzles and basic combat, and that's what Sonic Boom had. It had a style of game play I haven't played in years.

Cool, personally I love the exploration aspect of it. I'm one of those guys who like exploring levels and searching every nook and cranny.

So yeah, I disagree with the popular opinion on Rise of Lyric being terrible, I personally found it decent. If you ever decide to buy it, I do recommend downloading the patch as it fixes some problems.
Nights

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 am

Wait, the patch is in the US now? I thought it was only in the UK and EU.
Last edited by Nights on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:31 am

Nights wrote:Wait, the patch is in the US now? I thought it was only in the UK and EU.
Yes, the Rise of Lyric patch is available in the US since late January. It will start downloading as soon as the game is launched much like any Wii U game.
Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 am

Having moderated on multiple Sonic message boards and having a collection of games and merchandise that I can't be bothered to photograph right now, it should go without saying that I'm a fan of Swift the Porcupine.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:42 am

Does Sonic All Star Racing Transformed count? :P Love that game! I also have Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 for the GBA Which I really enjoy. Also have Sonic for the Mega Drive.

Return to “Games”