Do you play Sonic games?

Do you love gaming? Talk about your favourites here!
Nights

Re: Do you play Sonic games?

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:27 am

Ilona wrote:Does Sonic All Star Racing Transformed count? :P Love that game! I also have Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 for the GBA Which I really enjoy. Also have Sonic for the Mega Drive.

You mean sonic advance games lol the adventure games are not on GBA as such a handheld is not capable of handling the power of the Dreamcast.
Last edited by Nights on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:32 am

Yeah I mean the advance series. Stupid me. :lol:
CottonTALE

Postby CottonTALE » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:35 am

I play Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on my Gamecube. It's the only Sonic game I own currently.

Basically it was a case of come for the sonic game, stay for the chao garden :P
Collect All The Fluttershys :D
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Nights wrote:
Ilona wrote:Does Sonic All Star Racing Transformed count? :P Love that game! I also have Sonic Adventures 1 and 2 for the GBA Which I really enjoy. Also have Sonic for the Mega Drive.

You mean sonic advance games lol the adventure games are not on GBA as such a handheld is not capable of handling the power of the Dreamcast.
Persoanlly my favorite Sonic Advance game is the third one. My friend and I played it via co-op seeing how I have an extra GBA (I have an SP and an original AA battery model) and the link cable. Also, Sunset Hill pays tribute to Green Hill Zone.

CottonTALE wrote:I play Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on my Gamecube. It's the only Sonic game I own currently.

Basically it was a case of come for the sonic game, stay for the chao garden :P
Chao gardens were always a good time. Can't count how many nights I was up late playing with them. This was when I played my Dreamcast regularly, I played the original Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2. Chao system was much different on the first Sonic Adventure game from what I remember.

Tara wrote:Having moderated on multiple Sonic message boards and having a collection of games and merchandise that I can't be bothered to photograph right now, it should go without saying that I'm a fan of Swift the Porcupine.
Hope they were friendly communities. The few Sonic forums I've been to haven't been. People usually got personal attacks for just having a different opinion or just liking a game.
Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Snowy wrote:Hope they were friendly communities. The few Sonic forums I've been to haven't been. People usually got personal attacks for just having a different opinion or just liking a game.

The Sonic fandom is notorious for that, so I couldn't say. A lot of communities are extremely debate heavy, so things do tend to get heated. Then there are those that are more lenient with open insults and death threats and yeah, that's about the time I think it's okay to jump ship. =P
Nights

Postby Nights » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:05 pm

The sonic bible was leaked and it was revealed that there are two worlds and sonic & his friends and Eggman are always passing through the gate "portal" between the human world and sonic world.

That's why each game in the series is different, the classic games take place on sonic world while adventure 1&2 and others take place on the human world.

Sonic World

•Sonic 1 - Genesis/Game Gear
•Sonic CD
•Sonic 2 - Genesis/Game Gear
•Sonic 3 & Knuckles
•Knuckles Chaotix - 32X
•Sonic Chaos - Game Gear
•Sonic Triple Trouble - Game Gear
•Sonic Advance
•Sonic Advance 2
•Sonic Advance 3
•Sonic Heroes
•Sonic and the Secret Rings
•Sonic and the Black Knight
•Sonic Colors
•Half Sonic Generation
Sonic 4 episode 1&2
•Sonic Lost World
•Sonic Boom

The Human World

•Sonic Adventure
•Sonic Adventure 2
•Shadow The Hedgehog
•Sonic Rush
•Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
•Sonic Unleashed
•Half Sonic Generations
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Tara wrote:The Sonic fandom is notorious for that, so I couldn't say. A lot of communities are extremely debate heavy, so things do tend to get heated. Then there are those that are more lenient with open insults and death threats and yeah, that's about the time I think it's okay to jump ship. =P

Yikes! I wouldn't say it gotten that bad, people did always debate and usually didn't end well, and led to personal attacks. Personally, I left the forum I went to because I got tired of it and someone told me I wasn't allowed an opinion because I liked Sonic 06, which the person later clarified as Sonic and the Black Knight since I responded I never played Sonic 06.

It's nice meeting other fans, just didn't like how the community gotten. I'm glad to see this thread at least, it's nice to meet some respectful Sonic fans. :D
fakiescarlet

Postby fakiescarlet » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:20 pm

ive only played two sonic games, the first one and sonic lost world. im not a big fan of sonic actually, i find him to be annoying :ugeek:
twiparkle

Postby twiparkle » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:32 pm

My first game was Sonic The Hedhehog from Megadrive, so yes.

Nice to see a fan of Sonic and NiGHTS.
Nights

Postby Nights » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Sonic has been a huge part of my life but it's hard to keep up with the games when Sega keeps jumping console to console and I can't get every system, as for Nights I got into it by playing Journey of Dreams and later the original Nights.

Return to “Games”