Do you play Sonic games?

Do you love gaming? Talk about your favourites here!
PaddlePro

Re: Do you play Sonic games?

Postby PaddlePro » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:59 pm

I don't play sonic nowadays, but i remember liking sonic advance 3 on gba.
Tara

Postby Tara » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:36 pm

It's so weird and terrifying how when I was entering the main Sonic fandom, people were talking about how nostalgic they were for the Genesis/Mega Drive titles, and now people are talking about how nostalgic they are for the GameCube/PS2/Xbox and GBA games, which were current at the time. I feel old and I have no right to. ;_;
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Tara wrote:It's so weird and terrifying how when I was entering the main Sonic fandom, people were talking about how nostalgic they were for the Genesis/Mega Drive titles, and now people are talking about how nostalgic they are for the GameCube/PS2/Xbox and GBA games, which were current at the time. I feel old and I have no right to. ;_;
You and me both. I first went to Sega's forums in 2006, and the classics always got the praise, while the modern stuff got complaints. Interesting to see opinions change like this over time. Me personally, I enjoyed every Sonic game I played, there wasn't much to complain about from me. Again, I'm one of those weird fans who liked both Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and the GBA port Sonic Genesis, and those are seen as horrible in most fans' eyes. Again, I mostly just play games and form my opinion from that, case with any game really.

Somewhat related, I'm oddly in the mood to play Shadow the Hedgehog. I actually beat it with all 10 endings and final story last fall, honestly had more fun when I played it, than when I first played it. I enjoyed it back when I rented it in 2006, but just last fall, I had a lot of fun with. Maybe because I was trying to accomplish something. :P
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:40 pm

I replayed the classics 4 months ago and recently finished replaying Sonic Adventure.

Sonic Lost World doesn't interest me because it's a Mario styled game, Sonic Boom however seems somehow more appealing and for that sonic fans put me into question if I have bad taste in games and asking me why do I prefer Boom ROL over SLW.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Last night, played and beat the Heroes Story to Sonic Riders. As odd as it sounds, this is not only one of my favorite Sonic games, but one of my favorite racing games. It's a different take on racing when compared to kart and car racing, also I find the story rather humorous and lighthearted, compared to other Sonic games at the time with serious stories (looking at you Shadow the Hedgehog).

Wondering, did anyone else enjoy this game? I've always personally enjoyed the Saturday morning cartoon feel of its story and cutscenes.
Nights

Postby Nights » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:36 am

I don't like the Riders games, I prefer platformers, action adventures and RPG's.

The only racing games I like is Sonic & Sega all strars racing, Sega all stars racing Transformed and Crazy Taxi.
Last edited by Nights on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Nights wrote:I don't like the Riders games, I prefer platformers, action adventures and RPG's.

The only racing games I like is Sonic & Sega all strars racing, Sega all stars racing Transformed and Crazy Taxi.
Alright, fair enough. RPGs actually reminds me, I need to finish Sonic Chronicles. Friend gave it to me for Christmas last year. Only thing is I tend to take my time on RPGs for some reason. Maybe because it usually takes a while to level up my characters. It's like that with any RPG.
Azurelazuli

Postby Azurelazuli » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Okay, get ready for a HUGE lecture on my love for the Sonic franchise!

First off...Every day me and my best friend roleplay online together as our Sonic characters for HOURS.
Second...I'm always watching Sonic YTPs on YouTube!
I freaking love Sonic X, it's just...perfection.
Sonic Boom (game) is horrible...Sonic Boom (tv show)...I suppose it's okay, but Sega was very cheap on the graphics.
I hate the Shadow The Hedgehog game...his character is amazing, but the graphics were cheap and the way the characters' eyes were shaped was very odd...
Sonic 06 was DEFINITELY a FAIL...and Elise's kiss didn't do anything, it wasn't even needed...she just kissed him as soon as the emeralds were bringing him back. I am strongly against Elise's character...she's one of those helpless princesses who can't do anything for herself, that acts like the male has to be the hero (geez...I sound like my mom right now XD). And the interspecies ship...? I think it's fine with the animals, such as Rouge><Knuckles, but HUMAN><ANIMAL...that's a whole different story.
I really want to try Sonic Colors (which I am getting soon, along with Sonic Generations, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, and Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice), it looks awesome!
I think my favorite characters would probably be Shadow, Silver, and Tails...and for some reason I have crushes on Silver and Tails...that's odd, right? XD
I love the SonicDash and SonicBoomDash apps, I have both on my phone (I'm Azurelazuli on that app, but if you add me on either, please tell me who you are here- I don't accept requests if I don't know them somewhere else, IE this forum).
Best game? Sonic Colors!
Worst game? Sonic 06.
We really need a "Silver The Hedgehog" game! I want to know his actual backstory, how he met Blaze, how he got his powers, if he had a family (though to be honest, I believe Iblis or something else killed his family when he was at a young age, considering he is around fourteen with only Blaze for company, and he was already expected to save his world from Iblis.)
I really hope that if Blaze, Cream, Silver, or Tikal appear in Sonic Boom, they won't change...I could see them making Silver lacking in intelligence like Knuckles, as Silver is said to be "naive". Cream may be an annoying kid...Tikal, I don't even know...Blaze could be a know-it-all or something. Hopefully not!
Sonic Boom RUINED Shadow's character on the show. His voice, and the fact that he looks badly spray painted (especially the chest fur).
I love an artist in the Sonic fandom called E-Vay, her comics are very funny and I love her OCs, CC and Aurora!
MY Sonic OCs are: Azure Lazuli (fennec fox), Roxxix (wolf), and Excel/Exel (bionic hedgehog). Roxxix is the one that represents who I am as a person...my hobbies, appearance, personality, etc...I mainly use Azure Lazuli (the character that is currently my profile image), and Excel/Exel is my second main OC (she is also in a relationship with Silver, XD)
I'm gonna submit this now, because it's so freaking long...sorry about that, I love ranting about Sonic! XD
PEACE!
-Azure Lazuli
Itcheeee

Postby Itcheeee » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Sonic merch is actually my main collection, not ponies :) Always has been. As there really isn't much merch for characters besides Sonic, Knuckles, Tails and Eggman (all versions of the 4 of them), I'm a completionist collector of literally every other character. Only challenge is collecting Shadow, but I could consiter him the top priority collection of them anway XD I've also had a lifelong goal of owning every game, completing every game, ect. So far I'm over halfway on the ones possible to own, and I got the chance to play the US version of the Sonic the Fighters arcade cabinet a few times not long ago. <3
There's nothing I honestly dislike that is official Sonic anything. The Archie comics got rather "soap opra" after the Adventure 1 arc till the actual reboot, which was rather awkward for me when I was young (I was only like 8 when the SA ones were out XD) and I'm kinda glad the reboot happened, though I miss the entire Echidna lore, and especially Julie-Su, and Mina.
I've watched the Sonic OVA, Sonic X subbed and dubbed, and Saterday morning Sonic multiple times, I'll probably never get enough of them and they are super nostalgic to me. xD Still after the 3rd boxed set for AoStH so I can fnish watching that, but many episodes I've seen via reruns years ago. Only watched Underground fully twice and random episodes here and there but I highly praise the series.
I'd upload a photo of my collection, but most of my media, and anything of just Sonic, Knuckles and Tails is currently packed up as I just moved and have a lot of things in the mail. Currently not a cent is going to ponies as a lot of Sonic items I've been after have been showing up on ebay XD
The whole reason I got back in to MLP was because Applejack reminded me so much of my favorite Sonic character, Bunnie Rabbot. :P
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am

Snowy wrote:
Nights wrote:I don't like the Riders games, I prefer platformers, action adventures and RPG's.

Alright, fair enough. RPGs actually reminds me, I need to finish Sonic Chronicles. Friend gave it to me for Christmas last year. Only thing is I tend to take my time on RPGs for some reason. Maybe because it usually takes a while to level up my characters. It's like that with any RPG.

I haven't played Sonic Chronicles but that reminds me, I still need to finish the original Sega Master System game of Phantasy Star.

Come to think of it I still need to finish the last stage in Nights into Dreams plus I need to beat Ristar, Vectorman 2, Comic Zone, Jet Set Radio Future and golden Axe: Beast Rider

Return to “Games”