Why Bronies Hate g3

Talk here about the older generations of My Little Pony.
Snowy

Re: Why Bronies Hate g3

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 am

Nights wrote:I've seen screenshots of that game and to my surprise it looks fun since it looks like a platformer, I also saw screenshots of a Pinkie Pie game for GBA.
Well, it's not a platformer, it's more like a side-scrolling adventure with mini games. The folks at Webfoot and THQ did a nice job on the game. A lot of the music, graphics, and story dialogue is straight from the Runaway Rainbow movie. It even has a really good GBA rendition of Far Apart (a song from the movie). Mini-games were random, like Spike having a Pinkie Pie themed pinball machine, while others helped the story progress, example Rarity using skates, or rescuing ponies from a river, which feels inspired by the movie than a random pinball table.
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:16 pm

I'm going to look up gameplay of it on YouTube.
PaddlePro

Postby PaddlePro » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 pm

I just watched Come back lily lightly and it's not bad.Shine On is one of my favorite g3 songs, and i think it could be in g4 with no problems.Also, lily lightly has a realistic personnality.Her fear to be herself because others could make fun of her is, i think, really relatable.Also, there's minty (AKA best g3 pony) in it.So i liked it, and i will continue to defend g3.
64th Curse

Postby 64th Curse » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:32 pm

I think many bronies(like me) hate G3(And mostly G3.5) because of these things:
1-It gave a horrible impression for FiM. I used to hate G4 because of how horrid G3 was.
2-The characters. They have at least one streak of pink in their mane, or have a pastel color in them. Considering how great color combos we have in G4(Lyra with her amazing teal/turquoise match, Nightmare Moon and Luna with their dark purples and blues, and Rarity with her Royal Purple mane), G3 had candies and marshmallows galore for colors that were just awful to look at.
3-The designs. The reason they look like actual horses in G1-3, makes me feel awful. How would it be cute to look at candy-colored horses?
4-The voice acting. It's just awful. Look at how Andrea Libman and Tabitha St. Germain have great talents in voicing Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Luna, Granny, Bon Bon, Derpy, etc! In G3.5, they were just given money to impersonate 4-year olds! Imagine 7 Diamond Tiaras speaking at once! You get the Core 7.
5-The plot. G1 had something, let's say... Acceptable. While n G4 we get attacking monsters, epic magical forces, Alicorn ascensions and an endangered empire, in G3 we had at the worst case a pony forgetting somebody's birthday. I bet the worst antagonist in G3.5 was Rainbow Dash saying it was Sweetie Belle's fault her scarf was dirty. And the biggest plot hole? WHERE ARE THE ADULTS IN THIS?
I guess that's all I can say.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:42 pm

My fave gens in order:

G4
G3.5
G1
G2
G3
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:45 pm

64th Curse wrote:I think many bronies(like me) hate G3(And mostly G3.5) because of these things:
1-It gave a horrible impression for FiM. I used to hate G4 because of how horrid G3 was.
2-The characters. They have at least one streak of pink in their mane, or have a pastel color in them. Considering how great color combos we have in G4(Lyra with her amazing teal/turquoise match, Nightmare Moon and Luna with their dark purples and blues, and Rarity with her Royal Purple mane), G3 had candies and marshmallows galore for colors that were just awful to look at.
3-The designs. The reason they look like actual horses in G1-3, makes me feel awful. How would it be cute to look at candy-colored horses?
4-The voice acting. It's just awful. Look at how Andrea Libman and Tabitha St. Germain have great talents in voicing Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Luna, Granny, Bon Bon, Derpy, etc! In G3.5, they were just given money to impersonate 4-year olds! Imagine 7 Diamond Tiaras speaking at once! You get the Core 7.
5-The plot. G1 had something, let's say... Acceptable. While n G4 we get attacking monsters, epic magical forces, Alicorn ascensions and an endangered empire, in G3 we had at the worst case a pony forgetting somebody's birthday. I bet the worst antagonist in G3.5 was Rainbow Dash saying it was Sweetie Belle's fault her scarf was dirty. And the biggest plot hole? WHERE ARE THE ADULTS IN THIS?

I GREW UP WATCHING G3!!!!!!! I'm sorry when I say this but WHAT THE?!?!?!?!?! G3 was AWESOME! Ok, not the best plots, EXCEPT Come Back Lilly Lightly and a Very Minty Christmas. About BY THE WAY about that VOICE ACTING, TABITHA ST. GERMAN AND TARA STRONG vOICED A BUNCH OF G3 PONIES!!!!!!!!! JUST. SAYING. LOL deeeeeeep breath Sugar Belle...I think i need to g cool off with some cupcakes...LOL
Nights

Postby Nights » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:10 am

Sugar Belle wrote:
64th Curse wrote:I think many bronies(like me) hate G3(And mostly G3.5) because of these things:

I GREW UP WATCHING G3!!!!!!! I'm sorry when I say this but WHAT THE?!?!?!?!?! G3 was AWESOME! Ok, not the best plots, EXCEPT Come Back Lilly Lightly and a Very Minty Christmas. About BY THE WAY about that VOICE ACTING, TABITHA ST. GERMAN AND TARA STRONG vOICED A BUNCH OF G3 PONIES!!!!!!!!! JUST. SAYING. LOL deeeeeeep breath Sugar Belle...I think i need to g cool off with some cupcakes...LOL

Either they sucked at acting back then or the director made them suck at acting because the director sucked at his/her job.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:04 pm

The voice WERE terrible though. I only like the merch, and Minty's movie/ voice. The rest...CREPPY. LOL!
Nights

Postby Nights » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:05 am

Collecting G3 mercy is understandable and liking A Very Minty Christmas but what I don't understand is when someone likes all of G3 as a whole when there's really only 1 or 2 videos that are good and and good merch.

The only thing that should get attention it's merch

Return to “Older Generations”