Favorite villain?

This is the place to talk about the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic show the Equestria Girls Movies
Digimonlover101

Favorite villain?

Postby Digimonlover101 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 pm

My favorite villain for mlp would be chrysalis and for EG it would be the dazzlings, what about yours?
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Favorite villain?

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Chrysalis here as well. I just absolutely love her design. I also like Flim & Flam and Nightmare Rarity from the Comic series.
Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 pm

My favorite would probably be Nightmare Moon, personally. She has so much potential to be complex and intricate, because not only is her conflict entirely internal, but it's also directly interwoven with Celestia, the princess we're led to idolize for the first three seasons. That being said, I do hate the "Nightmare Moon was Celestia's fault!" or "Celestia is evil!" headcanons and stuff that the fandom usually makes to demonize Celestia. But having the princess's morality questioned, and having her personal demons come to light always makes for an enticing villain, as long as we don't lose sight of why we cared about the protagonist to begin with.

Not to mention, her design is absolutely regal and gorgeous. I am in love with shades of deep, midnight blue, and she sports these colors splendidly.

Nightmare Rarity from the comics is awesome as well.
Digimonlover101

Postby Digimonlover101 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:28 pm

I agree, I'm also sick of the "blame celestia" head cannons. I noticed it's a common trend among those who have a bias towards a certain character. Like in Frozen people are always like "it's all Anna's fault Elsa suffered, if Anna didn't exist Elsa would not go through what she did".
CottonTALE

Postby CottonTALE » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:56 pm

I like Discord, because his antics and because he's based off of Q from Star Trek (he is even voiced by John De Lancie who played Q) His story development after his reformation is nice too because he still has his antics, but not in a destructive way.
Collect All The Fluttershys :D
Sunset Shimmer

Postby Sunset Shimmer » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:08 pm

CottonTALE wrote:I like Discord, because his antics and because he's based off of Q from Star Trek (he is even voiced by John De Lancie who played Q) His story development after his reformation is nice too because he still has his antics, but not in a destructive way.

Aaha i gotta agree, i love discord's antics even if he may be there for... relief sometimes [which is unfortunate, and some of the things he does in those episodes don't help!!!]. i heard the smooze episode is a good ep for him so i have to watch that eventually [thank god for netflix]

also i liked uh... sunset shimmer of course was really radical and i like [from what i hear] her character development in post-EG1 onwards. a pretty cool change if you ask me
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:05 pm

For My Little Pony, Tirek, for Equestria Girls, the Dazzlings. Both had this "Aw yeah! Final boss" feel to them when their true full forms appeared, despite the series not being a video game.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:48 am

Hmm...For EqG I'd sayyyyyyyyyyy the Dazzlings (MAINLY Sonata Dusk) and for FIM, I'd TOTALLY say Starlight Glimmer LOL!

Return to “Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls”