Equestria Girls Dolls complaints compared to other dolls.

Discuss anything Equestria Girls Merch related here.
EclipsedFlame

Equestria Girls Dolls complaints compared to other dolls.

Postby EclipsedFlame » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:08 pm

List of complaints + comparisons

• "No Stands!" Barbie didn't have stands, and look at them, successful! In fact, Equestria girls can stand on their own... Unlike barbie over here...(That was for Chad Alan ;) )

• "OverDone Makeup!" Monster High has a whole load of dolls with too much makeup and nobody seems to be complaining about that.

• "Nub Feet!" Bratz had nub/pegged feet too, and they were a success...

QUIT YOUR WHINING!
Last edited by EclipsedFlame on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Equestria Girls Dolls complaints compared to other dolls.

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:39 pm

Moved to the Equestria Girls Section. I think it's more suitable here.

In my opinion comparing doll lines is like comparing Apples and Pears. Besides Monster High and Bratz there are tons of other doll lines each with their positive points and flaws . I think we just need to respect that. Also, is it me or are the Equestria Girls already getting better and better in comparison with their first releases? It's still all new but they are improving. You can't make a perfect doll in one try. ;)
Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:50 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable to compare Equestria Girls to other doll lines, but I think it's ridiculous to hold certain doll lines as a standard. The argument that "these respected doll lines also do this, therefore it's forgivable for Equestria Girls to do the same thing" is fallacious and certainly isn't doing any favors for the doll line.

Barbie, Bratz, Monster High are not infallible, and as such will have problems. However, Mattel usually has a higher quality standard to make up for other problems. I actually have a lot of problems getting my Equestria Girls dolls to stand, especially the ones that lack bendable knees. The overdone makeup is also a valid complaint in some respects, not because less makeup is inherently better, but because with the way the dolls are designed and colored, you have to be extra careful about how much and how well you allocate makeup. Some Equestria Girls dolls look better than others for this reason. Nub feet in general are kind of annoying to me, though I understand from a business perspective why they use them. In addition, some Equestria Girls dolls are frustratingly difficult to get their shoes to snap on. The EqG version of Pinkie Pie's boutique in particular has this problem. It comes with two pairs of shoes (one standard pair of EqG boots, and some really cute platform shoes), one of which just refuses to stay on.

The people making these complaints aren't whining, they're listing legitimate and accurate flaws with the product, and as much as I love Equestria Girls dolls, I think it's only fair to respect that. That being said, I do also think that EqG dolls are getting better and better with each new product, so even the basic, budget store versions are becoming fun to collect. So maybe we'll see these problems rectified very soon!
PaddlePro

Postby PaddlePro » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I have some problems with eqg dolls, although i like them and have a lot of them.First,even the more articulated dolls don't have a wrist articulation,so even with the articulations added posing the arms without looking strange is hard.Second, most of my eqg with bendable knees are really hard to stand up (also my zecora but i don't know why).I think stands would be better.I didn't liked the peg legs from the first ones, but it's gone now so it's fine.Also i think that hasbro uses too many times the same mold sometimes (the first vinyl scratch/dj doll's boots that we used on 3 differents dolls that are different characters) but i can understand why they do that.
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:10 am

They don't have nub feet anymore! :D
Personally, I don't think the EG dolls are as bad as people make them out to be.
Hi everypony! :lol:
EclipsedFlame

Postby EclipsedFlame » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:52 am

To everybody above, I was mainly talking about the original dolls and their most common complaints, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was complaining, honestly I really love any version of the dolls ^_^
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rares

Postby Rares » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 pm

SunnyPie wrote:They don't have nub feet anymore! :D
Personally, I don't think the EG dolls are as bad as people make them out to be.

I agree! Personally I like collecting them. Especially since the huge jump in quality from EQG 1 dolls to Rainbow Rocks. Like how they got rid of the ball-legs and actually gave them feet, the plastic quality feels better, and over time, at least in my case, the hair kept it's shape. Comparing my "movie-accurate" Rarity to the first one, she keeps her hair having that curl, that "bump" Rarity has, as opposed to the one from the first film, which just is kind of flat.
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Rares wrote:
SunnyPie wrote:They don't have nub feet anymore! :D

I agree! Personally I like collecting them. Especially since the huge jump in quality from EQG 1 dolls to Rainbow Rocks. Like how they got rid of the ball-legs and actually gave them feet, the plastic quality feels better, and over time, at least in my case, the hair kept it's shape. Comparing my "movie-accurate" Rarity to the first one, she keeps her hair having that curl, that "bump" Rarity has, as opposed to the one from the first film, which just is kind of flat.

True. And in the Friendship Games line, their eyes look even prettier!
Rares

Postby Rares » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:08 pm

SunnyPie wrote:True. And in the Friendship Games line, their eyes look even prettier!

I will say, I'm not 100% fond of the eyes for Friendship Games (for example I think Rarity has too many eye lashes compared to what she did on her Rainbow Rocks dolls, and Applejack has a lot of eyelashes for that matter too) but I like the way they have the design under their eye, and it isn't just their cutie mark, but a different design.
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Rares wrote:
SunnyPie wrote:True. And in the Friendship Games line, their eyes look even prettier!

I will say, I'm not 100% fond of the eyes for Friendship Games (for example I think Rarity has too many eye lashes compared to what she did on her Rainbow Rocks dolls, and Applejack has a lot of eyelashes for that matter too) but I like the way they have the design under their eye, and it isn't just their cutie mark, but a different design.

I like how they have more lashes. They eyes themselves are also larger. :D I agree about the designs!

Return to “Equestria Girls Merchandise”