Equestria Girls Dolls complaints compared to other dolls.

Discuss anything Equestria Girls Merch related here.
PrincessGwenevere

Re: Equestria Girls Dolls complaints compared to other dolls.

Postby PrincessGwenevere » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:23 am

One of the things I like about the EQG dolls is the fact that they don't need stands! :P I've had no trouble with my girls staying up right.
fakiescarlet

Postby fakiescarlet » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:56 am

one thing i despise about eq girls is how ugly and not acctuate they are. only the mane six basics and the exclusives are acctuarte.
Anime Fever

Postby Anime Fever » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:15 am

While I will admit that their quality has drastically improved from itty bitty wings, painted tops and poor quality skirts and boots, like every doll on retail right now, there are still problems.

For one, Twilight's makeup. It's minor, but still. Her lipstick is too purple for my liking. I've got three twis and two of them have alright lipstick and makeup. But for the mad hair 15 century twi, she is already purple to the max. But no. Purple cutie marks, purple lipstick and purple purple. So much purple!

Also, through each line of dolls, the amount of dolls with full articulation ( that is, the deluxe ones) tend to be sparse and released at random. This problem was resolved slightly with that last rainbow rocks boom, with the dead tired dolls and the music video dolls. Me likey that.

The infamous complaint, of course, has to be the stand problem, and I can agree. There are some dolls with very fluffy dresses, and I want to present them in their full splendour, so I use a MH stand. It would be better for them to have stands.

And so, I guess that concludes the bulk of my complaints. さよなら
Korra and Avatar aren't anime. Let's get that straight. :roll:
Rares

Postby Rares » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:32 am

fakiescarlet wrote:one thing i despise about eq girls is how ugly and not acctuate they are. only the mane six basics and the exclusives are acctuarte.

I'm no expert on things, but I think that might have to do with the design team on the movies, and isn't entirely Hasbro's fault. As it's happened before with series where the creative team would send over designs of the characters, Hasbro would get to work on the toys, then all of a sudden, they just change things, and then Hasbro is stuck because they're already in the process of making inaccurate dolls. Hence why the accurate ones come out later. But I'm sure they don't particularly mind, because in their minds, people would buy the accurate dolls later anyway.
Sternadelfamily

Postby Sternadelfamily » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:49 pm

My only complaint and this was with two of our EQ dolls was the legs popped out. My daughter is very gentle with her toys, collector in the making and apple jack rainbow rocks and princess celestia mirror one, both legs popped out. I was able to fix them but apple jack will be replaced with school spirit dolls. How ever we love EQ dolls and buy all of them. :D
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Rares wrote:
fakiescarlet wrote:one thing i despise about eq girls is how ugly and not acctuate they are. only the mane six basics and the exclusives are acctuarte.

I'm no expert on things, but I think that might have to do with the design team on the movies, and isn't entirely Hasbro's fault. As it's happened before with series where the creative team would send over designs of the characters, Hasbro would get to work on the toys, then all of a sudden, they just change things, and then Hasbro is stuck because they're already in the process of making inaccurate dolls. Hence why the accurate ones come out later. But I'm sure they don't particularly mind, because in their minds, people would buy the accurate dolls later anyway.

You know which doll is really inaccurate? Indigo Zap! :?
Hi everypony! :lol:
Fluttershy

Postby Fluttershy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:00 pm

SunnyPie wrote:
Rares wrote:

You know which doll is really inaccurate? Indigo Zap! :?

Oh darling! Indigo Zap looks HORRIBLE! The hair, the skin color! UGH! I wish they would set one complete design guide for her.

I also wish the outfits in the movie were more accurate to the dolls. I know DHX makes some minor design changes in the movies like in Rainbow Rocks, but the Friendship Games outfits look VERY inaccurate.

"I'd like to be a tree!"

Follow my Tumblr! crystalprep.tumblr.com

Follow my Instagram for Pony edits! @applebloom
SunnyPie

Postby SunnyPie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Fluttershy wrote: Oh darling! Indigo Zap looks HORRIBLE! The hair, the skin color! UGH! I wish they would set one complete design guide for her.

I also wish the outfits in the movie were more accurate to the dolls. I know DHX makes some minor design changes in the movies like in Rainbow Rocks, but the Friendship Games outfits look VERY inaccurate.

I prefer the version with red streaks in her hair. :D

Friendship Games was the most inaacurate line by far, I agree. The art style is accurate, but the Shadowbolts' designs were totally different than their movie forms! Sunny has long ponytails instead of short hair, Sugarcoat's eyes are blue instead of purple, it's amazing!

I think the outfits are purposely inaccurate because who would want to buy six dolls wearing nearly identical clothing? If you look at the Sporty Style outfits compared to their animated forms, the patterns are similar, almost as if the dolls are more colorful versions of their animated counterpart. ;)
Hi everypony! :lol:
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Issue 1. EqG not having stands - If you were to stand one up carefully, they can stand in many positions (Especially ones with articulated legs), not holding out arms for any balance or anything. monster High/ Ever After High come with stands for a reason, and that's their shoes/ feet shape. Then the fact that the world's (supposedly) best doll (Barbie), who doesn't even COME with a stand when she can hardly stay up leaning on a wall.

Issue 2. EqG peg feet - While this issue WAS annoying, it was thankfully fixed along with the painted on tops. It was also a bit of a good motive for NOT losing their shoes. Also, these feet did not effect they way they stood if they had shoes on, they still did not require doll stands.

Issue 3. The faces - Something that bothers me a bit, is the look on a lot of the Pinkie Pies faces. it looks like she's an adult on a sugar high with too much lipstick on...Poor Pinkie. Anyway, a lot of the facial details aren't quite right, especially on Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Sunset Shimmer.

I rest my cases :)

UPDATE: Changed post.
Last edited by Astranova on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaddlePro

Postby PaddlePro » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 am

The only real problem i have with them (the ones i said earlier aren't that important) is that the dolls don't look like the characters in the movie.The styles are so different, seriously just look at twi in the movies and on any EG doll.That don't look like the same character.Although this isn't a reason to not like them for me, this still bothers me a lot.

Return to “Equestria Girls Merchandise”