Will the Pony/Hasbro Pop line continue?

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Ilona
Site Admin

Will the Pony/Hasbro Pop line continue?

Postby Ilona » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Is it just me or haven't we heard much of the Pony/Hasbro Pop series? The last things that got announced were the Black Cadance and Luna Pops. I begin to wonder if this line is actually a succes or not... Here in the Netherlands we're still stuck with series one as well.

So, what do you think? Do you also think the Hasbro Pop line isn't that big of a succes? How can it get better? Perhaps they need to make a box with all kind of random parts not focusing on a particular character. That way kids can create their own unique pony.
EclipsedFlame

Re: Will the Pony/Hasbro Pop line continue?

Postby EclipsedFlame » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:04 am

If they make more male background ponies, they're good.
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nights

Postby Nights » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:25 pm

I was thinking about this a few days ago and honestly I think Hasbro is going to discontinue it, I don't buy the pops as they look too cheap and crappy and don't see any value upon any reason to own them.

Most fans are interested in plush toys, Rainbowfied toys and the 4 inch plastic brushable toys of Cutie Mark Magic, Crystal Empire and the first original wave and Blind Bag toys even though they are nothing but recolors.
fakiescarlet

Postby fakiescarlet » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:34 am

yea, most funko tpys imo arent good. the acctuarte figures are the best though.
ShimmeringSun13

Postby ShimmeringSun13 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:48 am

It certainly hasn't been a success in Australia! The major stores have had the line on clearance for months and stock still isn't moving! Sugarcube Corner sold once the price was lowered but there's still plenty of pony packs gathering dust even at half price...
Ossie
Site Admin

Postby Ossie » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 pm

I personally think that we're going to see the last line of POP ponies soon. They haven't been popular at all, and with the low amount of new figures (and low availability of the new Sunset and Whooves figures) these aren't going to get more popular either. Perhaps the new POPs with scratch-off effects will create a little boost, but I have the feeling that these are going to be sold too expensive and won't have any effect on the sales after all.
Fluttershy

Postby Fluttershy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:02 pm

I think they were a bit of a faliure for Hasbro. They just don't really work. They were more of an experiment for Hasbro in my eyes. While I will be sad to see them go, it wasn't completely unexpected.

"I'd like to be a tree!"

Follow my Tumblr! crystalprep.tumblr.com

Follow my Instagram for Pony edits! @applebloom
Blonde2themax

Postby Blonde2themax » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:14 am

I really disliked the pop line in the beginning but they really grew on me. Does anyone know if the style Cadance kit was ever released in the US? I'm searching for a few of the pops and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know if the newer pops (like sunset shimmer) will be available in the U.S.?
Rarishy

Postby Rarishy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Wouldn't they make pops of some of the new minis coming out? Can I have a reference to black cadence and Luna pop being announced? I haven't heard of that. They should at least do rarity and applejack to finish the mane 6
RavenQueen

Postby RavenQueen » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Ilona wrote:Is it just me or haven't we heard much of the Pony/Hasbro Pop series? The last things that got announced were the Black Cadance and Luna Pops. I begin to wonder if this line is actually a succes or not... Here in the Netherlands we're still stuck with series one as well.

So, what do you think? Do you also think the Hasbro Pop line isn't that big of a succes? How can it get better? Perhaps they need to make a box with all kind of random parts not focusing on a particular character. That way kids can create their own unique pony.

I think that's a great idea! Making your own custom into a Pop pony would be fun and more creative! I would love to add a custom Pop to my collection! I personally really like Pop ponies but I don't usually buy them. I think they should make more playsets and have more background characters and different variations of the same character so you don't get the same pony over and over again. Although you could buy an extra and paint it to make your own ponies but it would be kind of hard. I also think they should make more accessories and different wings and hairstyles. They should make necklaces and more outfits for the ponies to wear.
I think it would be cool if they had a pack (that isn't too expensive) where it just comes with Pop pony accessories, hairstyles, and outfits. They could have packs just for a specific character or just packs with accessories for anypony!

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”