Sapphire, stop hoarding the horses: The Thread

Proud of an item you finally got? Or just want to show your collection? This is the place for you!
SapphireRain

Sapphire, stop hoarding the horses: The Thread

Postby SapphireRain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Hi there! Here's where I'm going to be telling you guys whenever I get new ponies.
Prepare yourself for lots of jumping around and fast talking.

To start, here's my most recent thrift store (first pic) and flea market (second pic) haul:

(Can you spot the blue Moehog? ;) ) ((Also, Baby North Star's hair is pinker in person.))

Currently I have only cleaned up Wave Runner and the Valentine's! Pinkie Pie, due to the fact both had tail rust.
I ended up accidentally pulling out WR's tail though, so I'm currently looking for someone's spare Sea Nymph hair pack.
(+ Replaced the white part of her hair due to frizz...no more color changing! Aww!)

I'm hoping that I will try to do Baby Stockings and Pearly Pie next. Baby Stockings needs a magic eraser and repaint treatment...
she/her or it/its pronouns please (sig image credit) (avatar credit)
fakiescarlet

Re: Sapphire, stop hoarding the horses: The Thread

Postby fakiescarlet » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:50 pm

cool, did u find them at savers?
SapphireRain

Postby SapphireRain » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 pm

The first set yes! There is this amazing Saver's in a town an hour away from me that has ALWAYS had ponies in it.
I have never not gone there without finding at least something MLP related. I swear that place has special powers.
Rarishy

Postby Rarishy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Cute haul, Nice diversity in gens.

Love your signature picture too!
Dott

Postby Dott » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:38 am

I never really got into g3 myself, but I like looking at people's collections, and yours is great! Good finds.
SapphireRain

Postby SapphireRain » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Guess who got pony mail today?

I bought two G1 Nirvanas from Brazil- one is Minty, and the other is an earth pony Twist.
I bought them specifically to restore them, as they both are currently in terrible condition. Twist had a heck of a lot of rust. Both needed to be rehaired.
So until I'm done fixing them up, here's some examples of other copies from My Little Wiki.

Levi

Postby Levi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:30 am

I'm so jealous! I never find anything good at thrift stores and such :/

Loving the older gens you got!
Female ♥Otaku, mlp fan, artist, furry♥ I love Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, and Noragami
BakaChibi

Postby BakaChibi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Love them! Their hair is so sparkly.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 am

WOW! Hey, I don't have whatever that store is but can you suggest some other places to get cheap G1...? I only have two, but it's the second best gen to me and I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM SO MUCH, ESPECIALLY THAT PINK PEGASUS LOL! Btw I live in Gig Harbor, WA. BTW I have that pink and magenta pony with the sparkles all over her, and the moon cutie mark. But I got her when I was a baby!!! She's my fave, but it's been so long I never knew her name. Could you reply with the name if you know it? If not, that's ok :)
SapphireRain

Postby SapphireRain » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Sugar Belle wrote:WOW! Hey, I don't have whatever that store is but can you suggest some other places to get cheap G1...? I only have two, but it's the second best gen to me and I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED THEM SO MUCH, ESPECIALLY THAT PINK PEGASUS LOL! Btw I live in Gig Harbor, WA. BTW I have that pink and magenta pony with the sparkles all over her, and the moon cutie mark. But I got her when I was a baby!!! She's my fave, but it's been so long I never knew her name. Could you reply with the name if you know it? If not, that's ok :)

Oh! You mean Midnight Dream! She's one of my favorite G3s, along with her setmates...*w*

As for buying G1s, you could peruse the sales + trades threads in MLPArena or MLP Trading Post, Ebay (although sometimes prices can skyrocket), or thrift stores! Garage sales too!

Return to “Show your merch!”