Unusual Pony Merch!

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 pm
Location: New Jersey

Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Snowy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Let's talk about those weird and unusual pieces of pony merch. We know the regular stuff like figures, plushies, shirts, blind bag ponies, DVDs, books that sort of thing, what about the odd and unusual?

I have a set of Fluttershy Christmas lights I gotten as a surprise last year from my mom, weeks before Christmas, so I could hang them in my room and enjoy them throughout the season. One time at a local Italian food shop, I got a frosted cookie that looks like Pinkie Pie (mass produced, I found them later at a supermarket). At Five Below, they seem to sell endless supplies of a fizzy drink called Rainbow Dash's Fizzy Cherry Splash. I also ran into a G3.5 backpack at Target which interestingly enough had the current G4 My Little Pony logo on its tag.

So what about you guys? Any weird and unusual merch you guys ran into?
User avatar
EclipsedFlame
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby EclipsedFlame » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:39 pm

Yes, I saw my little pony wave 13 at Walgreens. THEY NEVER HAVE ANYTHING NEW?!?!?! Very unusual.
Image
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
User avatar
Rarishy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Rarishy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:19 pm

The budget series Equestria girls dolls are super strange looking (they are at dollar general). Didn't know what they were he first time I saw them, I thought they were fakies.
User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:30 pm

EclipsedFlame wrote:Yes, I saw my little pony wave 13 at Walgreens. THEY NEVER HAVE ANYTHING NEW?!?!?! Very unusual.
That is unusual, as my Walgreens is slow with Pony merch. I was more or less thinking of odd pieces of merch. Like the cookie I mentioned or something out of the ordinary and just plain weird. Something like that. :)

Rarishy wrote:The budget series Equestria girls dolls are super strange looking (they are at dollar general). Didn't know what they were he first time I saw them, I thought they were fakies.

Those I have yet to see anywhere. We do not have too many Dollar Generals here in New Jersey, at least where I live anyway. I can only think of one off-hand.
User avatar
Flitter
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Flitter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 pm

I have a couple prototypes. I suppose they'd be considered unusual.

Minty, who is quite different from the one that was eventually released
ImageMinty by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

and a Lightning Dust mini figure, who has not had a release to date
ImageLightning Dust by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr
User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Snowy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Not bad. Kind of was bummed out Minty was released at Costco, and shopping there requires a membership. My mom belongs to BJ's instead, which has some pony, but nothing like that. :) Last time I was there I got a six pack of Mash'ems/Fash'ems ponies, which had Twilight, Rainbow, Pinkie, and surprisngly the CMCs. Aside from that, very little.

This actually reminds me, I found a Pinkie Pie flashlight at BJ's. Just an ordinary flashlight that doesn't project anything, but it has Pinkie's face on both sides.
User avatar
EclipsedFlame
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby EclipsedFlame » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Snowy wrote:
EclipsedFlame wrote:Yes, I saw my little pony wave 13 at Walgreens. THEY NEVER HAVE ANYTHING NEW?!?!?! Very unusual.
That is unusual, as my Walgreens is slow with Pony merch. I was more or less thinking of odd pieces of merch. Like the cookie I mentioned or something out of the ordinary and just plain weird. Something like that. :)

Rarishy wrote:The budget series Equestria girls dolls are super strange looking (they are at dollar general). Didn't know what they were he first time I saw them, I thought they were fakies.

Those I have yet to see anywhere. We do not have too many Dollar Generals here in New Jersey, at least where I live anyway. I can only think of one off-hand.


You can find the cheap $7 Equestria girls at some Ralph's stores. It depends on how big the toy section is though.
Image
I Eated yuor babeez ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
User avatar
Levi
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:15 am
Location: Ponyville

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Levi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:03 am

I've seen the Rainbow Dash soda too! It was actually really good!

Anyways, I've seen some pretty odd things.
Lip balm with Derpy on it, which was called "Blueberry Muffin" I got it, and to be honest it smells more like playdough that blueberry XD
I also found Princess Cadence flavored lip gloss. It had her face on the lid, and her wings. But the weird thing about it was it had hair...On the top of the lid, it had her hair. o-0 it also came with a comb

Lastly, I saw a g3 pony costume at target one time. And I just....0_0
Image
Female ♥Otaku, mlp fan, artist, furry♥ I love Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, and Noragami
User avatar
Astranova
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:28 pm

Minty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I luv Minty so much SECOND fave pony, best G3 movie, BEST PONY OF EVERY GEN EVEN ONES SHE WASN'T IN! And she is so cute LOL! She and Derpy have the same laugh, bc Tabitha St. German voiced Minty in G3 :) Minty, Pinkie, and Derpy would be the cutest bff! AND FLUFFLE PUFFFFFFFF LOL!
User avatar
Astranova
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Unusual Pony Merch!

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Flitter wrote:I have a couple prototypes. I suppose they'd be considered unusual.

Minty, who is quite different from the one that was eventually released
ImageMinty by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr

and a Lightning Dust mini figure, who has not had a release to date
ImageLightning Dust by ☆ Flitter ☆, on Flickr


HOW. HOW DID YOU DO THAT. HOW DID YOU GET PROTO MINTY?!?!?!?!?! SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE G3 MINTY! PLEASE TELL ME...I"M OBSESSED XD

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests