What's the deal with Applejack? (and others)

This forum is for the Friendship is Magic toyline. Discuss new findings and many more like Brusbables, Plush etc.
Astranova

Re: What's the deal with Applejack? (and others)

Postby Astranova » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Poor Applejack! BTW everyone, have ANY of you noticed how many products Trixie has? LIKE OVER TWENTY!!! Hasbro, stop playing fvorites :P nah probs bc she's popular with fans (ME ME ME ME LOL) and she's sooooo funnny and C-U-T-E! But the fact that they make her SO MUCh well...They are NOT helping Trixie's ego...LOL!
Rarity

Postby Rarity » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Aha! I ALAWYAS GET SO ANNOYED WHEN THEY DO THIS! It's almost like Fluttershy, Rarity,and Applejack don't even exist! Is there is rarely any March with them, why are they even in the MANE six? Don't get me wrong. I love all the ponies the same.... Except for Flutters and rarity. They're on the top for me, but still. Also, the water cuties: Fluttershy and applejack didn't get one.

The new wave, cutie mark magic brushables: who didn't get one? Surprise suprise! Every pony EXCEPT RARITY!

I mean COME ON!

I rest my case. :|
Nights

Postby Nights » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Rarity wrote:Aha! I ALAWYAS GET SO ANNOYED WHEN THEY DO THIS! It's almost like Fluttershy, Rarity,and Applejack don't even exist! Is there is rarely any March with them, why are they even in the MANE six? Don't get me wrong. I love all the ponies the same.... Except for Flutters and rarity. They're on the top for me, but still. Also, the water cuties: Fluttershy and applejack didn't get one.

The new wave, cutie mark magic brushables: who didn't get one? Surprise suprise! Every pony EXCEPT RARITY!

I mean COME ON!

Even though Rarity isn't apart of the Cutie Mark Magic she's still around with the first brushables wave at walmart for $2, also don't forget that she was apart of the Crystal Empire before Cutie Mark Magic replaced it.

You can find Crystal hair Rarity on Amazon.
Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Well her Friendship Flutters brushable is in the CMM style.
Rares

Postby Rares » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:35 am

Rarity wrote:Aha! I ALAWYAS GET SO ANNOYED WHEN THEY DO THIS! It's almost like Fluttershy, Rarity,and Applejack don't even exist! Is there is rarely any March with them, why are they even in the MANE six? Don't get me wrong. I love all the ponies the same.... Except for Flutters and rarity. They're on the top for me, but still. Also, the water cuties: Fluttershy and applejack didn't get one.

I mean COME ON!

I love Rarity as much as the next Rarity fan, but I think the reason Rarity didn't get a cutie mark magic brush-able was because she got that giant light-up brushable, when none of the other ponies did. It's mostly a marketing thing. You provide some bigger product and a smaller one, they anticipate people would go for the cheaper one, so you don't put that one up, so people buy the big one.

Besides, she wasn't left out all together. She recently got a brushable ribbon-mane (now on Amazon) and the breezy set.
Rarity

Postby Rarity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm

True. I never thought abot the giant rarity i,see every where I go.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42 pm

I was thinking about this recently, maybe it's a marketing thing with Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow. Here's some thoughts that came to mind...

Rainbow Dash - The rainbow maned pony. Everyone loves a rainbow pony.
Pinkie Pie - The pretty pink pony.
Twilight Sparkle - The pretty purple pony princess (say that three times fast :P).

Only a guess. Sounds kinda cliche, but maybe it's how companies market to little girls. I wouldn't know for sure, but it kind of did pop into mind. Though some do get onto other merch. When I found those school supplies awhile back, Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity were on the Cutie Beauty folder. Fluttershy made it onto one of the lunch boxes.
chikadee

Postby chikadee » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 am

Snowy wrote:I was thinking about this recently, maybe it's a marketing thing with Twilight, Pinkie, and Rainbow. Here's some thoughts that came to mind...

Rainbow Dash - The rainbow maned pony. Everyone loves a rainbow pony.
Pinkie Pie - The pretty pink pony.
Twilight Sparkle - The pretty purple pony princess (say that three times fast :P).

Only a guess. Sounds kinda cliche, but maybe it's how companies market to little girls. I wouldn't know for sure, but it kind of did pop into mind. Though some do get onto other merch. When I found those school supplies awhile back, Fluttershy, Twilight and Rarity were on the Cutie Beauty folder. Fluttershy made it onto one of the lunch boxes.

I agree. I think that its just a marketing thing. Maybe Their colors pop a bit more and stand out to little girls because theyre more bright, vibrant and girly than the other 3.
Snowy

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:04 pm

chikadee wrote:I agree. I think that its just a marketing thing. Maybe Their colors pop a bit more and stand out to little girls because theyre more bright, vibrant and girly than the other 3.

Yup! Girly can be a bit ironic for Rainbow Dash given her character. How they portray her on merch, says otherwise. I once saw a dress on display at Target with Rainbow Dash skipping through a field of flowers. Something that's very much not like her on the show. :lol:

But hey, she's the official rainbow pony. Can't count how many times I see non-MLP horses or unicorns with rainbow manes and tails.
Astranova

Postby Astranova » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:18 pm

Snowy wrote:
chikadee wrote:I agree. I think that its just a marketing thing. Maybe Their colors pop a bit more and stand out to little girls because theyre more bright, vibrant and girly than the other 3.

Yup! Girly can be a bit ironic for Rainbow Dash given her character. How they portray her on merch, says otherwise. I once saw a dress on display at Target with Rainbow Dash skipping through a field of flowers. Something that's very much not like her on the show. :lol:

But hey, she's the official rainbow pony. Can't count how many times I see non-MLP horses or unicorns with rainbow manes and tails.

LOL! IKR?! Well also I believe that those three ponies are like the main personalities in shows like these, like the Powerpuff Girls!

Pinkie: Bubbles
Twilight: Blossom
Dash: Buttercup

ALSO, Minty, Dash, and Pinkie were THE most popular G3s, so it would make sense that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie would have stayed VERY popular! When I was little, MLP kept changing it's image like EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. First G3 changed a LITTLE (In animation and voices), then G3.5, THEN FIM!!! But it didn't drive me crazy. My Pinkie Pie "family" was made out of five plushies of her, eighteen Ponyville figures, and three brushables. I never cared. But EVERYONE who likes MLP and has a few toys, well I can bet you amost everyone like that has a Pinkie Pie, Dash, or both :) As for the marketing thing, I go back to what I said about their personalities. Twilight's the good girl who loves to read, Pinkie LOVES having fun, and Dash LOVES adventure. Which MANY little girls (and me though I'm almost 13 LOL) have ALL of those in common, and of course the show IS based around Twilight Sparkle. I rest MY case :)

Return to “MLP FiM Merchandise”